ok i have a ****ing classical guitar and when i play the ****ing strings a buzz is produced. i changed all the ****in' strings but still they produce the same ****ing sound. Help needed!! what do u think is the cause?
The action might be too low, the strings might be too loose, or the truss rod might be out of whack. I'd say bring it into a technician to get it set up, that shouldn't cost too much. How long has this been happening? How long have you had the guitar?
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
i've had the guitar for a 2 year or so...yeah i think i should get some technician to get it fixed...thanks
No prob...just don't take it to one of those mindless corporate chain guitar stores. You'll have better service (and perhaps cheaper price) at a small local guitar shop with real musicians.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.
I had the same problem with my el cheapo classical guitar, so I thought I would raise the action by putting something under the bridge saddle. I took the strings off and took the bridge saddle out, and the only thing I could find that fit was a piece of speaker wire. It was exactly the right width (nearly 1cm) so I tried it, and Hey presto!! No fret buzz. The speaker wire was good because it is firm and solid and an even thickness. Try it Yourself, it won't cost anything and it won't wreck your baby.
Index card makes a good shim to raise the saddle and you can cut it to fit.
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
^--- yeah. 1cm is quite a bit to shim up the saddle. i'm surprised that you could even put something that thick under the saddle.
Quote by jimtaka
^--- yeah. 1cm is quite a bit to shim up the saddle. i'm surprised that you could even put something that thick under the saddle.

LMAO!
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.