Hey, im on a Folk-Metal binge, lol, and these guys are pretty bad ass, and i couldnt find a thread on them, so what do you guys think? The first song on their page is real bad ass, imo. . .I just hate the damn Lord of the Rings outfits, just play the music, lol, but thats what makes it what it is i guess.
http://www.myspace.com/paganreign
Last edited by Schecter86 at Sep 6, 2006,
well their outfits are at least better than Ensiferum's
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

These guys fuckin rip it up I've got Spark of Glory and Revival of Ancient Greatness & Destiny of Ancient Faith both class albums.
Don't analyze my beliefs & I won't pick out the flaws in yours
This band reminds me quite a bit of Thyrfing, just with guitar lines instead of fruity keys.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Great find.

EDIT:

Quote by Fraust
Wolven Ancestry

www.myspace.com/wolvenancestry

Some of our songs are more heavy or dark.. but some are right folky black metal

Fuck, when I clicked that link my speakers almost exploded. High recording volume or something...Jesus man...
Yes, I am sure

I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

hey, does anyone know what Pagan Reign's setup is? I love their tone, just curious, and what type of scales are used, i cant seem to find any info on that, im new to the the whole Folk-Metal thing, and i want to learn the scales before i play the stuff. . .thanks!
Bump for pwn!

Hey can anyone tell me the names of a good album or EP besides Tverd? I will have to guess through also lol, all my links are to russian sites
^ Destines of Bygone Fate. Its the album with snow on the cover.

So anyway, Pagan Reign owns. They are one of my favorite folk metal bands.
That's a mean flute. Great music, one of the best folk metal bands out there. There's a rumour that they're over, is it true?
I am not sure though. Neither their Myspace or official website say they did. They logged on yesterday, so it is not like they aren't being updated.
they make me proud to be russian. my grandparents were coming over from russia, and i asked them to get me their cds. i ended up getting three albums. cool thing is i can read russian, so i got all the song and album names in russian. great band.

JESUS i sound like a ten year old
Quote by Phe4rTheGod

awww...talkin shit tryin to defend a fagband??? how cute...fuck opeth...lamb of god is what makes metal these days...they are what pantera was in the 80's and 90's...prickfuck...talk shit...

Last edited by Danis1 at Jun 2, 2007,
I love folk metal, and this is pretty good, but I've heard better.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.