whats so good about telecasters? and how come lots of metal bands use em?
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Telecasters are brilliant guitars and can be used for pretty much any style if used correctly and equipped right. Some people don't like them though, but it's all opinion.

Go and play some if you don't understand why they're good, don't post threads like this.
telecaster and metal is like a jackson king (kerry king signature) for jazz and blues...
it's playable but...well
and they have a specific sound...listen to billy talent...some kinda like billy talent...he also uses strats i think
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
^^John 5 (ex-Marilyn Manson) used a heavily modded Telecaster. I doubt there are any that use Teles with stock pickups.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
teles are like the older brothers of strats. and every1 loves em coz u can play almost anything and any type of music frm them. just like the same way loads of ppl love strats. plus they have a good clean and comfortable body so playig them is quite easy.
Oh come on, they're used all the time. I see hot rodded 'metal' tele's frequently, Black Frances of the Pixies used one extensively that Fender produced for a while, Jim Root uses a Charvel tele, John 5 as mentioned, etc etc.

Many of them are used all stock.
Last edited by codybcool at Sep 6, 2006,
the guy from slipknot uses a tele also......

its not really the guitar its more the amp.... and there is no real reason why they are so great its all opinion.... they might just like the neck or somethin like that...
At Guitar Center last time I went, one of the guys who worked there was showing a Line 6 Spider Amp to some guy, and he was cranking out some really heavy metal riffs, so I went to see what guitar he was playing and it was a Tele.
Fender American Deluxe V-Neck Strat
Laguna LG300CE Acoustic Electric
Quote by the_white_bunny
the guy from slipknot uses a tele also......

its not really the guitar its more the amp.... and there is no real reason why they are so great its all opinion.... they might just like the neck or somethin like that...

Yeah, Teles are amongst the best feeling guitars I've ever played, but I go with Strats because the tone is a little bit more flexible and you get a vibrato bar on Strats. Still, I'll buy a Tele one day... and then maybe change my name to Fender_Monkey, in the interests of strict accuracy

And Tom Morello uses Teles too, for another example of a metal Tele player. I really should've thought of him earlier, given my avatar.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
ok thank you all i now understand
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Jim Root doesnt use a Charvel tele (Well he does but) he originally (and mainly) used a fender flathead custom, tele shape and everything just with EMG 81/85
Point is, he used a 'metal' tele. And he does often use a Charvel tele, i've seen him live with it.
Ritchie Kotzen uses a telecaster too :-) Has his own signature model.
I've heard a Telecaster before and it sounded awesome, but I hate the loonk of them, most imparticularly the control section. But that's just me. Awesome sounding though..
I love Teles definitely for my next guitar Tele. The neck feels very nice and they have very nice cleans and can still play nice with a lot of dirt. (Especially with a pickup swap.)
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I just want to know why when asked what metal bands use them you said the pixies. There not a metal band at all.
Well the coolest thing for me about the Tele is the string thru bridge, i.e. no trem-related tuning problems and loads of sustain, maybe if they made a Tele with the contoured back and front it would be even more playable, though it might look a little bit odd.