Page 1 of 3
how do i turn the lyrics and **** into a solo lik on smelldl ike teen spirit, photograph by weezer, and on guitar pro tabs where the lyircs r lik a oboe or soemtihng how do u tab tht out
You work out what notes you're singing. Then you play them.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Sing the song, record yourself, and then try to hit the notes you're singing while playing it back.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
how do i turn the lyrics and **** into a solo lik on smelldl ike teen spirit, photograph by weezer, and on guitar pro tabs where the lyircs r lik a oboe or soemtihng how do u tab tht out

i suggest you grab a dictionary
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Practice, and LEARN TO PLAY THE KEYBOARDS AND/OR PIANO! I just started mildly playing them, and I can already sing better.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
how do i kno what notes im singing

id recommend you sing the first note of the melody, hold it, find it on the guitar (just use trial and error at first), then use that as your starting point to try and work out the rest. this'll really help your knowledge of intervals and scales and stuff as well.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
i tryed the guitar tuner every time i sang it, it gave me a different note

well in that case you were singing a different note...
Then you can;t hold a note. Get at a piano, or keyboard, hit a note and try to sing it. get a tonaly literate person to tell you if your on note and try till you are.

Quote by xGuitarGodx99
i tryed it again and every thing was A

well then your starting note is A. think about the way the melody moves (up, down, how big a step) and you'll soon get the hang of it.
just help me out the lyrics are "hang yourself by a guitar string go up high to see the king but when she opens that door she gonna scream and hit the floor.........................you swore to her when you took that ring but every weekend its a different fling but when she walks in on you shes gonna scream a had no clue"
tell me what the notes
lol......that actually made me laugh quite abit....but hum...have you listened to the other guy? musicians talk or something xD..

don't you have bandmates who know it? =)
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
just tell me the notes off each word, i kno how it goes its my song

yeah, listen to everyone and go to the musician talk forum. theyll look after you, ive lost the will to live.
i dont understand what he is saying its making me feel lik a complete idiot and whats musicians talk, and i thought each lik word or something had lik a different note
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
just tell me the notes off each word, i kno how it goes its my song

It is a physical impossibility for us to tell you the note of a word just by reading that particular word...
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric
Oscar Shmidt OE-30 w/ Bigsby
Ibanez V70cent Electric Acoustic
Carlo Robelli CW4110 Acoustic

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
sigh. how on earth do you expect someone to know the notes just by you telling them the words? is this a windup or what?
Yeah, and kurt generally used only like one or two diffrent vocal notes persong.

Quote by xGuitarGodx99
i dont understand what he is saying its making me feel lik a complete idiot and whats musicians talk, and i thought each lik word or something had lik a different note

You could put those exact words into 100 different songs and have every one sound different. There's no rule saying "guitar=A#, for=B, the=C, etc." Post it in the musician talk forum and you'll get more help.
well how does it work then lik for the zeypher song when it goes "fly away" how did the guy tht tabbed it out kno it was lik
-----------------
---3----2----3------
---------------
-------------------
--------------
--------------
Just hum, whistle, sing, play the melody on piano or something (you'll have to figure it out) and then transfer it to guitar. The words you say don't affect what notes you sing.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
well how does it work then lik for the zeypher song when it goes "fly away" how did the guy tht tabbed it out kno it was lik
-----------------
---3----2----3------
---------------
-------------------
--------------
--------------

he probably knew because he has a good ear, and worked out the notes through listening to the song. any note can be sung on any word, its up to who wrote it in the first place.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
w/e then for example how do i find out what the note for "hang" is

........How? I can sing the word "hang" 800 different ways... But if you want me to assign it a note..I shall label "hang" B!!
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
so if i just hum the melody into the tuner it will give me the notes

Yea..go one note at a time though if you can..It'll be easier
My Gear:
Agile AL-3000 Prestige
Custom Made Electric

Mesa/Boogie F-50 Combo
Boss DD-3
Boss PH-3
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
w/e then for example how do i find out what the note for "hang" is

have you not read any of the replies? a word dosent have a set note. you decide the note. maybe if you recorded yourself singing it someone could help you...
you cant spell manslaughter without laughter

Quote by ACG
I like my women how I like my cookies. Smothered in diarrhea.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
so if i just hum the melody into the tuner it will give me the notes

exactly. i recommend you write the lyrics down, then write the notes you get above the words or something like that. then it should be easy enough to transfer it to the guitar.
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
do i do it by the root lik haaaa and by each sylabill

i didnt quite understand that...but yes, each syllable will have a note, if thats what you mean...
Page 1 of 3