OK...I've been to a few music stores lately ... just looking around, and have seen several black Telecasters - some with a Rosewood fingerboard, some with maple. Which do you think goes best with the black body???
"The road ahead is lined with broken dreams, so walk, just walk on by..."
maple. but id recommend you take the tonal properties of each into consideration, its probably more important than the look.
... shouldn't you be thinking about playability as opposed to looks?

IMO Maple sounds and looks better on a tele. Rosewood just isn't right.
I reckon Maple sounds better, Rosewood feels better. I usually go for sound over feel, which is why I use maple necks. There you go.

Since you don't seem to know a whole lot about the tonal properties of necks: Rosewood are bassier, basically. Ta-dah.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by codybcool
... shouldn't you be thinking about playability as opposed to looks?

IMO Maple sounds and looks better on a tele. Rosewood just isn't right.

Yep I love Maple necked Teles they feel and sound great. I've yet to try Rosewood Tele's but I don't think the tone makes that much difference but you never know. I'd take Maple as it just looks so damn cool.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I love maple on dark or medium colored bodies. It's all about contrast, IMO. I also prefer maple necks in general for Teles.
Hi, I'm Peter