Page 1 of 7
Guitar isn't cool in my opinion it's quite nerdy. Lot's of people play it and most are self taught and aren't that good to be honest. It think it's a bit common and mainstream and attracts to many posers. So anyone agree that guitar isn't cool.?
Shut up.
A recent study shows that 98% of people don't give a flying fuck about what you consider 'real' music is or not.
Bass is where its at.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I never thought that playing guitar is cool, I just wanted to learn all these amazing songs I heard, but too many play just to be cool and try to attract attention with it.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Bass is where its at.

Exactly...................
Note. I play guitar. I just love playing it.
hmm attention seeker.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
i play guitar because i love the way my fingers feel on the fret board

and when my right hand picks its literally music to my ears.....

i think its cool but i dont play it to be cool
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
I just wanted a place were I could express this..............
well, I've never considered it to be cool. It's another instrument that I like especially. I have teachers and take formal band classes.
When I first started playing there were barely any guitar posers around. It's a shame the instrument has become so popular, because it has increased the prices of equipment and has given proper guitarists a bad name.

I'm self-taught, but I can play Satriani songs. It's just these morons who listen to Fall Out Boy and take their guitars into school to strum a few power chords that spoil it for anyone with a real passion for the instrument.

I'm not against people taking up guitar, if they enjoy it, they enjoy it. But, alot of people, contemporarily, only play for the look. I despise that.

Anyway, why are you on a guitar forum if you don't like guitar? Leanring guitar is anything but nerdy.

EDIT: Hold on, you only asked if it's cool (I didn;t read most of your post, I just thought you were abusing guitrists). I see. Well, whether it's cool or not makes no difference to most guitarists, they play because they enjoy music. However, what's cool and what's not is really your preference.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by Smokey Amp
When I first started playing there were barely any guitar posers around. It's a shame the instrument has become so popular, because it has increased the prices of equipment and has given proper guitarists a bad name.

I'm self-taught, but I can play Satriani songs. It's just these morons who listen to Fall Out Boy and take their guitars into school to strum a few power chords that spoil it for anyone with a real passion for the instrument.

I'm not against people taking up guitar, if they enjoy it, they enjoy it. But, alot of people, contemporarily, only play for the look. I despise that.

Anyway, why are you on a guitar forum if you don't like guitar? Leanring guitar is anything but nerdy.

I love guitar, I'm just making a point. When did you start?
just so you know, some people don't base what they do on whether or not its cool
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by V333

Smokey > You .

Guitar is cool. Dont post on a guitar website saying its Nerdy.
Your just asking for a raping.
Quote by Smokey Amp

Dude. Unless you are pushing 80 then guitar was popular before your lifetime.

EDIT: But guitar is nerdy in the typical sense. I know a bunch of metal heads with no social skills who literally spend all their time practicing in their room. So in a standard sense, I would say guitar isnt cool, but to me its awesome.
Originally Posted by guitar_freak333
I dont like death metal, I just see it as a bunch of hairy men playing the same riff over and over again exetremely fast.
Last edited by Shoestick at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Bass is where its at.

amen i play both tho lol
Ibanez GSR190 Bass
Ibanez IBZ10B amp

Ibanez GAX30
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by ToolBass_dude
Bass is where its at.

this guy knows what he's talking about.
when i was 11 i wanted to play guitar to look cool, but becuase of that i had no connection with it and quit after 6 months . then at 18 i actually felt i wanted to play guitar, simply to play music, and started again, still going now and i still love playing even just im my room with no one around
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by Smokey Amp

i couldnt agree more.
Quote by V333
Guitar isn't cool in my opinion it's quite nerdy. Lot's of people play it and most are self taught and aren't that good to be honest. It think it's a bit common and mainstream and attracts to many posers. So anyone agree that guitar isn't cool.?

I love how cool = not popular to kids these days.

"Look at me! I like stuff cause people don't!"
It's not supposed to be cool. You like playing it, play it, you don't like playing it, don't play it. Not much about it.

On a sidenote, that was a rather sad attempt to start a flamewar.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
whats funny is when people who think guitar is kl and pose with it get pwned/shredded to pieces when a guy who can actually play comes along
You are dumb. You come on here and complain about people who play for fashion rather than trying to better yourself or give other people advice at guitar. Save your complaing for Ultimate-Suckmydick.com.
well i didnt start because everyone around meplayed, i started cause i just wanted to play the music i listened to. to me guitars just a fun way to escape everything around me. and what do you have against people who are self taught? im self taught and honestly i wouldnt have it any other way.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by V333

Why the hell did you post this on a guitar site?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ΣΔΤ ΜΣ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Halo 2
Hockey
These piha teams don't do that through the legs ditzie-doodle.

Zeitgeist
thats possibly the stupidest thing to say on ULTIMATE GUITAR.COM

sometimes people (me included) can't help but want to play the music they listen to, i mean, if you hear a song sometimes its better to be able to actually play it than sitting there air guitaring away and pretending your cool and can play. now that really is pretentious.
not the wisest statement in a guitar forum. HELL WERE COOL WE GET MORE PUSSY THAN YOU SO F UCK OFF PUNK!

nothing personal there
Quote by Vin2254
You are dumb. You come on here and complain about people who play for fashion rather than trying to better yourself or give other people advice at guitar. Save your complaing for Ultimate-Suckmydick.com.

Some of us can imprive and complain it's called multi tasking.
Quote by V333

About 2 and a half years ago. It was before my town flooded with posers and the local guitar shops flooded with idiots playing smoke on the water on American Deluxe Fender strats.

Quote by Shoestick
Dude. Unless you are pushing 80 then guitar was popular before your lifetime.

No, I don't mean back int he 80's when if someone learnt to play a guitar, they learnt to play some awesome solos. I mean now, with kids playing guitar and having the talent of a drunken baby (They play only for the look). Guitar has always been popular, yes, but now, with the access to tabs and cheap models of guitar, there are alot more guitarists than there used to be.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
I think we can all agree that your a fag.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
Quote by Teabag of Truth
Haha you're a faggot.

And you missed your school bus you twelve year old piece of ****, the threadstarter is a fag though.
Quote by Zach_F
Please take your friends instruments, and burn them. Burn your friends too if you'd like.
Quote by Smokey Amp
About 2 and a half years ago. It was before my town flooded with posers and the local guitar shops flooded with idiots playing smoke on the water on American Deluxe Fender strats.

No, I don't mean back int he 80's when if someone elarnt to play a guitar, they learnt to play some awesome solos. I mean now, with kids playing guitar and having the talent of a durnken baby. Guitar has always been popular, yes, but now, with the access to tabs and cheap models of guitar, there are alot more guitarists than there used to be.

I actually think having tons of guitar players and easy acess to info will really help. We will obvisiously get some great new players soon.