Page 1 of 2
i havent seen a lot fnm threads so i started one. what do you think of these guys?what are your favourite fnm songs & albums? i really got into them recently i and i have to say my fave song is midlife crisis.
I just heard the song epic. It was damn awesome. Sounded alot like Rhcp in some ways....but i still loved it.
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
I have The Real Thing and Angel Dust. This band ****ing rules. The Real Thing is so obnoxiously pop-metal, but still enjoyable. Angel Dust is where they really began to get more sarcastic and bitter, I think. Best songs are The Real Thing, Zombie Eaters, Epic, Midlife Crisis, Smaller and Smaller, RV and Evidence.
I don't really like their older stuff, but Angel Dust and King For A Day are excellent albums. I like how they were getting more creative and experimental on their later records. Most of the stuff from that period is completely different from songs like Epic (a song i never liked for some reason, btw).

I still don't understand why Anthony Kiedis still hates Mike Patton for "ripping off RHCP". Apparently, he heard The Real Thing and decided that it was a rip-off. Sure, that album might sound like old RHCP, but the resemblance isn't even that striking. And on their later records, they sound nothing like RHCP, not even slightly. But it wasn't limited to FNM, that little bitch took it as far as personally making sure that Mr Bungle were kicked out of every festival where RHCP were the main act.
If that isn't the most childish thing any musician has ever done... they're multi-millionaires, often getting hundreds of thousands per show each. Yet he still can't bare to see a band play with a guy who used to be in another band that used to make a few songs that slightly resemble his music. What a ****.
Really innovative and original sounding. Mike Patton is a fantastic vocalist, he can do anything. Mr Bungle is awesome too.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Mike Patton has a new song out called "Mojo." It sound like old Snoop Dogg or something. I never really got into Faith No More.
froosh has my heart

You are electric?

You love me.
^ Yeah, that's from his new project, Peeping Tom. I draw a lot of inspiration from Mike Patton. He did an EP with the Dillinger Escape Plan as well that's really good.
Anthony Kiedis dislikes Mike Patton because Mike and Mr.Bungle had a whole stage act in which they made fun of the RHCP. Anthony is to blame as to why I could not check out Mr.Bungle on the "Big Day Out" he took them off the tour. Ever since that incident I have disliked RHCP.
I think it's actually the other way round...Mr Bungle played some concerts making fun of RHCP because Anthony dislikes Mike Patton. The reason for that is that Anthony thought Faith No More ripped off RHCP's shtick. In conclusion, Anthony is a massive douche.
Quote by las7
Anthony Kiedis dislikes Mike Patton because Mike and Mr.Bungle had a whole stage act in which they made fun of the RHCP. Anthony is to blame as to why I could not check out Mr.Bungle on the "Big Day Out" he took them off the tour. Ever since that incident I have disliked RHCP.

Anthony is a wanker.

Thats not why Kiedis dislikes patton theres more to it than that.

You could say RHCP and Faith no more are similar but i always regard faith no more as alternative but basically in the Epic video Mike Patton was dancing around swinging his hair around and singing/rapping like Anthony Kiedis. When Anthony saw this he was pissed off and said he was stealing his style so they Patton and Kiedis developed a grudge.

After FNM when Patton was in Mr Bungle they were ment to release there album ''california'' in like 97 i think it was but it was held back a year and then it released at the same time as the Chilis ''Californication''.

Then as you rightfully said they were ment to play Festivals in europe but RHCP as headliners got them kicked off the list.

Faith no more and Mr bungle are much better than RHCP anyway for christ sake half new RHCP album is ripped off other songs.

I have lost all respect for them now
well what can i say. i really like both bands a lot and Epic really sounds like some old chilis stuff like backwoods and fight like a brave.
I love faith no more. i have The real thing, Angel Dust, King For A Day and Album of the year. Mike is a musical genius.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I only have The Real Thing. There's some good tracks on there. Not essentially my usual thing but yeah, some tracks are really good.
I only have a few songs. Although, I really like We Care A Lot, which was before Patton was even in the band.
Mike Patton is one of rocks best musical composers by far. He knows what a song needs. It is almost impossible to cover and song that Mike writes. Especially on Mr. Bungle's California. He made me re-think the way I go about writing music. Although, he is f'ed in the head.

RHCP actually braught them on tour, and they were opening for RHCP. When they were opening, they dressed up like them and played their tunes which they killed terribly. A lot of fans were booing and a lot of them left the show midway thinking it was just a really bad RHCP show. Mr. Bungle was even going to name "California" "Californication" but had to change it due to copyright infringment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTCliDUJQ90 <- Mr. Bungle doing the RHCP dealio.

As for Faith No More, they are by far one of the best funk metal bands to date. They were what inspired Incubus to do what they did. Incubus' first album, Fungus Amongus, sounds very similar to Mr. Bungle's self titled album. If you don't have any Mr. Bungle or Faith No More, go out and buy either the self-titled one or Album of the Year.

And to str84ever, Anthony Kiedis is a nice guy. He is just really ****ed up. Read his biography. It is such a great book.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Incubus_SCIENCE
Mike Patton is one of rocks best musical composers by far. He knows what a song needs. It is almost impossible to cover and song that Mike writes. Especially on Mr. Bungle's California. He made me re-think the way I go about writing music. Although, he is f'ed in the head.

RHCP actually braught them on tour, and they were opening for RHCP. When they were opening, they dressed up like them and played their tunes which they killed terribly. A lot of fans were booing and a lot of them left the show midway thinking it was just a really bad RHCP show. Mr. Bungle was even going to name "California" "Californication" but had to change it due to copyright infringment.

As for Faith No More, they are by far one of the best funk metal bands to date. They were what inspired Incubus to do what they did. Incubus' first album, Fungus Amongus, sounds very similar to Mr. Bungle's self titled album. If you don't have any Mr. Bungle or Faith No More, go out and buy either the self-titled one or Album of the Year.

And to str84ever, Anthony Kiedis is a nice guy. He is just really ****ed up. Read his biography. It is such a great book.

ive heard things from it like about how he f*cked fleas sister or something hes heartless
Quote by str84ever
ive heard things from it like about how he f*cked fleas sister or something hes heartless

He did have "sexual intercourse* with Flea's sister, but she asked for it. And he had it more than once. Read the biography.

Anthony actually first had "sexual intercourse" with his Dad's girlfriend.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I love FNM. One of the best bands in the day. Mike Patton is a musical genious, and an amazing vocalist
I own The Real Thing, and I have to say, what a weird album. Great cover of War Pigs, though.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by frd_marshll
a lot of people seem to love this bad but i can't see why

i just really don't like them

What don't you like, there is something for everybody.
FNM > Ju
Quote by BloodSugarMegan
No.

Read it. Anthony is not heartless at all. Noob.

Yeah dickhead and thats coming from someone with a RHCP pic for **** sake.
And might i add its my f*ckin opinion. Its not my fault if you lick his ass.

FNM, Mr Bungle > RHCP

EDIT: I find the whole Funk rock RHCP thing is becoming a bit dated. Do they ever put out an album which isnt funk rock.

At least other bands put in a effort to explore different genres and incorperate it into their sound.
Last edited by str84ever at Sep 25, 2006,
Quote by str84ever
...I find the whole Funk rock RHCP thing is becoming a bit dated. Do they ever put out an album which isnt funk rock...

I hear that their album One Hot Minute is not quite as funk rock, more like metal.
Quote by Rhinosaur Bones
I hear that their album One Hot Minute is not quite as funk rock, more like metal.

the key phrase in that is:

''not quite as funk rock''
Why are we even talking about Red Hot Chilli Peppers? This is a Faith No More thread. Has anyone heard pre-Mike Patton FNM?
yes. FNM with Patton > FNM without Patton.
also, am i the only one who sees the irony in a FNM thread turning into a RHCP conversation?
Yeah...exactly why I decided it had to be shifted back to Faith No More. I've only really heard We Care A Lot with Chuck Mosely, and thought that was pretty good.
meh to the early albums ,without Patton Faith no More is boring as hell ,even the Real Thing is'nt that spectucular.
Things get interesting with latter releases.
"crap", "metal". Has your daddy been a bit hard on your ass ,if so, ask him to be a little harder next time. I think a little tough love is what you need to build your self a real opinion.
Quote by Wasted Resource

Your concepts on music hold no real meaning, your arguments about the lack of inovation and tallant is completly void, because of two things:
Mike Patton and the albums "The Real Thing" ,"Angel Dust" & "Album of the year".
If you fail to see tallant, inovation and substance behind these three albums I sugest you take your guitar and shove it... until it moves your cerebellum far up enough for your one remaining brain cell, to get into a better position.

Meh to the latter remarks
Quote by Wasted Resource
Here's a real opinion.

Faith No More is a no talent band that was shamed out of the underground scene for lack of substance, tried to ride the pop charts and failed unless you count Epic, which most FNM fans deam a lesser work.

er, no. they weren't even underground when patton joined AFAIK.

They have not introduced anything new or modern into the music scene.

what band has in the past 20 years? and still, mike patton and FNM have influenced thousands of bands

Sure they're loud, play their guitars fast, but really...they suck.

on every FNM album i have, theres no loudness, and no fast guitars. they are not trying to be goddamn steve vai or van halen for christ sake.

FNM is for dropout losers and kids like las7 whose daddy's lack of style and substance was watered down even more by the blood of a teenage prostitute who only did it for the money, wasn't that good, and couldn't afford an abortion. Thus las7 was born, and we have all been sorry since.

I'm not a dropout, and i like FNM. And whats with the dig at Las? It reeks of 12 year old immaturity.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by Wasted Resource
Here's a real opinion.

Faith No More is a no talent band that was shamed out of the underground scene for lack of substance, tried to ride the pop charts and failed unless you count Epic, which most FNM fans deam a lesser work. They have not introduced anything new or modern into the music scene. Sure they're loud, play their guitars fast, but really...they suck.

Faith No More never tried to ride the pop charts. Epic was a surprise hit, and they hardly revelled in the fame it bought them. They did everything tounge-in-cheek while butt-rock was all the rage i.e. Guns 'n Roses and Metallica. After The Real Thing they began to make more the style of music they wanted to, which was a weird fusion of all sorts of genres. Just listen to the change from poppy sounds like From Out of Nowhere from The Real Thing to Angel Dust's warped Midlife Crisis.

To say they have no talent is just ridiculous. Mike Patton is an amazing vocalist and while guitarist Jim Martin was not the most creative player he definitly wasn't untalented. They have much more substance than a hell of a lot of other bands that were popular at the time, and did more than just "play their guitars fast."

Edit: As for their fans being drop-outs...I think it's funny that you're criticizing Las7 of being some kind of loser when you're a good ten years older than him...and still making fun of his daddy on the internet. Woohoo, big man...
Last edited by Rhinosaur Bones at Sep 30, 2006,
Page 1 of 2