Page 1 of 2
Anyone else thinking of going to this? Mr. Virgil? Any other Belfasters?
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
I wanna see them. My bro went to see them before they signed to Roadrunner. Apparently it was amazing and there were alot of people in armour with plastic swords haha
NOPE.
I'm going to see them in December.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
i wouldnt mind goin, but it might be gettin to late to arder ticks, is it in the spring and airbrake, the rosetta, where is it?
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Most certainly not.

..."Nick Drake, The Smiths, Wire, My Bloody Valentine, The Velvet Underground, Pavement, The Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, The Soft Boys, Television, Elliott Smith, The Beatles, Ride, Radiohead, Husker Du, Big Star, The Only Ones, Joni Mitchell, XTC,"

And I can see why.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
..."Nick Drake, The Smiths, Wire, My Bloody Valentine, The Velvet Underground, Pavement, The Smashing Pumpkins, Pixies, The Soft Boys, Television, Elliott Smith, The Beatles, Ride, Radiohead, Husker Du, Big Star, The Only Ones, Joni Mitchell, XTC,"

And I can see why.

Yup. I don't like that genre. No big deal.
I was just taking the piss, I love dragonforce....................
Me , Virgil and Rocko Mummble ( can't be bothered with real names because I'm a lazy arse ) got our tickets the day after we found out they were coming. They we're rather amazing in Spring and Airbrake so I'm looking forward to this one.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
Yup. I don't like that genre. No big deal.

I wasn't making a big deal

Quote by Sirnogbert
Me , Virgil and Rocko Mummble ( can't be bothered with real names because I'm a lazy arse ) got our tickets the day after we found out they were coming. They we're rather amazing in Spring and Airbrake so I'm looking forward to this one.

Ah nice one, unfortunately I don't seem to know the Belfast UGers.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
I wasn't making a big deal

Ah nice one, unfortunately I don't seem to know the Belfast UGers.

That's natural, we don't seem to know anyone. Anywhere.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by La Qotsa
Anyone else thinking of going to this? Mr. Virgil? Any other Belfasters?

If you hear a guy shouting "TRAMAMPAMOLINE!" really loud, it's probably me...

Quote by permanentmarker
i wouldnt mind goin, but it might be gettin to late to arder ticks, is it in the spring and airbrake, the rosetta, where is it?

Mandela hall I think, but to my knowledge it's being done up, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out... Maybe construction there will be done in time for DF
Yes, I'm going, it's in the Mandela Hall, a place I love. I saw them last March too. Oh, and, since this is an NI thread, NI 3-2 SPain, YEOEOEOEO

EDIT: I just found out we won't be getting the same support bands as everywhere else, All That Remains and Firewind will not be catching the ferry. Hopefully we'll get some good local stuff though.

Is anyoen going to any other upcoming Belfast / N.I. gigs??
Last edited by Rocko Mummble at Sep 6, 2006,
Im going =D will be an awesome night and YEA 3-2 to us!!! against spain! lol But anyway yeah im headin down with my mate, hope theres ognna be moshing otherwise ill be severley disapointed, we are both about 6 ft 2 and haviing a height advantage rocks in a pit! ****ING HELL WERE ALL THAT REMAINS SUPPORTING!?!?! they are my faaav band atm!!!! ARGHHH! thats dampened my spirit i didnt even know that!! I owuld rather have ogne to see them instead. !!
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Li's guitar = snes at 500 bpm
Split your lungs with blood and thunder
When you see the white whale
Break your backs and crack your oars men
If you wish to prevail
Quote by Rocko Mummble
Is anyoen going to any other upcoming Belfast / N.I. gigs??

I'm going to Muse on the 4th November. Glad to see more bands coming to Belfast, though I'm not a Dragonforce fan.

EDIT: Sure I'll get tickets just to see you guys there
Naw... im not so keen on dragonforce, but how come no shred guitarists ever come to Ireland? Solo guitarists I mean, (Vai, malmsteen, satch). Well, i suppose there would'nt be enough people buying tickets but still............
Quote by duggyrocks
Well, i suppose there would'nt be enough people buying tickets but still............

If you look at the amount of people on UG from here, you can see there's loads of guitarists here. Belfast is getting better for live music, we don't really have much of a reputation though so not as many people come here.

Quote by aaronni

Sure I'll get tickets just to see you guys there

Good lad...
I say leave them in Belfast coz their s**t, wow they can play freakishly fast solo's but that don't make you good though.
Once you get through the first 3 or 4 songs on their Inhuman rampage album it just ends up sounding like someone screaming in your ear for the next 30 mins.

Herman lie, herman Who?
Quote by duggyrocks
Naw... im not so keen on dragonforce, but how come no shred guitarists ever come to Ireland? Solo guitarists I mean, (Vai, malmsteen, satch). Well, i suppose there would'nt be enough people buying tickets but still............

they tend to play dublin instead, most of them just count ire and n.ire as one place since they tend to do huge tours around the world, its probably just not cost effective to go to dublin and belfast, plus our arenas arent very good...
Quote by espltdtosh
I say leave them in Belfast coz their s**t, wow they can play freakishly fast solo's but that don't make you good though.
Once you get through the first 3 or 4 songs on their Inhuman rampage album it just ends up sounding like someone screaming in your ear for the next 30 mins.

Herman lie, herman Who?

Are you from Belfast? Do you like Dragonforce? What's the point in you being in this thread? DF bashers are no better than emo bashers, get over yourself you elitist wankstain.

It's music, its about having fun, and listening to what you enjoy, I don't deliberately go into any AIDEN or NOFX threads I see just to dis those bands, why do you bother coming in here? Your not changing anybodys views...
Last edited by Virgil_Hart05 at Sep 8, 2006,
I actually like their songs, and not because of their speed. Also they put on a good show, and not that many people make the effort to come to N.I. so I tend to go to as many of the bigger concerts as I can.
Aye, it's a pity Muse costs so much. I'm not really a fan but I would have went anyway.

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

I'm gonna go both to Dforce and Muse, even though I don't really like either band THAT much. :p
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by ar73m
I'm gonna go both to Dforce and Muse, even though I don't really like either band THAT much. :p

That's an abnormally large bump... this thread had been dead for about a week.

But anyway, going to see bands you don't particularly like FTW. My mate just got me to go to the The Feeling gig in a couple of months....
im thinkin of goin to see them im up in ballycastle but im goin to jordanstown uni on monday so ill hopefully be goin to se them, and muse in november in oddysey and LESS THAN ****ING JAKE are gonna be in spring and airbrake i NEED to see them
Quote by duggyrocks
On second thoughts, I might go with a couple of friends (even though I dont like dragonforce) just for a bit of craic and since the tickets are so cheap.

Good lad.
I'm going to The Automatic on Saturday. I really wanted to go to Dragonforce but I had/have no money, and then Muse on 4th November.
Anyone here ever heard of the Desert Hearts from here?
Quote by properBo
I'm going to The Automatic on Saturday. I really wanted to go to Dragonforce but I had/have no money, and then Muse on 4th November.
Anyone here ever heard of the Desert Hearts from here?

Agh, I was going to go and see them, but they ran out of tickets. Sirnogbert is still going, though.

I've not heard of them, no. Do they have a myspace/ are they playing any gigs anytime soon??
Im not going i dont like them to much.

Do you guys no where my band can get a gig? We are looking for one soon!
Im hopefully going but, i've spend a lot on muse tickets and Dropkick murphy tickets! haha, and 3-0 was quite easy for us, dontcha' think?

I might be there, so look for a dishellved 16 year old on pot!
Quote by Sonicxlover
Obviously we should play the UG theme.

ULTIMATE GUITAR! YOO GEE!?
Yeah ive been thinking about it!
Originally Posted by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.

I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.

No one dies as a virgin. Life f**ks us all
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
they tend to play dublin instead, most of them just count ire and n.ire as one place since they tend to do huge tours around the world, its probably just not cost effective to go to dublin and belfast, plus our arenas arent very good...

the waterfront is pretty cool...

I'm guessing it's more to do with the fact that all the american bands say "dublin AND belfast? what, they're only 100 miles apart? heck, my back yard is bigger than that!"

I'm guessing the concert is pretty soon if it's in the mandela hall...

EDIT: holy flirking shnit, wasp and saxon are coming! \m/
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by espltdtosh

Herman lie, herman Who?

Inhuman Rampage is a terrible album, Sonic Firestorm is much better, Valley Of The Damned better still. The VOTD Demo is sublime, also.

I'm not going to see them this tour, but I would maybe go again if they had decent support. When I saw them it was Mendeed, and I couldn't stand them. I missed the First Strike tour because I didn't have any money, so I missed Sabaton and Edguy supporting
Baaaaaaa'
Page 1 of 2