ok people, i was looking through my most recent american musical supply catalouge and i noticed that a lot of guitars and basses have a model of the guitar then a "studio" version of that guitar. Whats the difference between a regular guitar and a studio guitar? is there a tone difference? or does it work better with a mixer or something?
studio guitar just means you wouldn't dare let anyone see you play such an ugly pile. They still sound good.
Dickless.
I think it's just another version to try and make more money. They most likely sound roughly the same, Im not sure though.

And to the guy who said they were ugly.

I havent seen any other studio guitars other than the les Paul Studios, and I think they look better than Stardards, I personally dislike the binding around the edge, where the Studio doesn't have that.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by MetalMilitia212
studio guitar just means you wouldn't dare let anyone see you play such an ugly pile. They still sound good.

pretty much. artists generally use studio labeled guitars for studio work and use a guitar that is not studio for looks when they play live.
Quote by greendayguitar

And to the guy who said they were ugly.

I havent seen any other studio guitars other than the les Paul Studios, and I think they look better than Stardards, I personally dislike the binding around the edge, where the Studio doesn't have that.

I have the Les Paul Studio, I believe the only differance on this one is there isn't any binding. I totally disagree with what buddy says about them being ugly, because that's all just opinion.
they make the looks simpler. basically something you would use just for sound, like in a studio. i think they look good though, but thats just my opinion
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Epiphone are guilty of studios,

instead of a normal nut they use cheap plastic nuts what they call precision plastic nuts

they use alnico V humbuckers.

they're a little skanky compared to a standard or custom/deluxe

not as much features ect.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
I own a '91 Gibson Les paul studio, and i think it rocks both in sound as it does in looks. beats my previous standard.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Studio
London City Comet MK1
London City Spitfire II (Modded)
Squire Tele Custom (Modded)

Peavey Classic 30
Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Line 6 Echo Park Delay
Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde
Dunlop Crybaby Classic
Quote by crash_course
pretty much. artists generally use studio labeled guitars for studio work and use a guitar that is not studio for looks when they play live.

lmao thats bullcrap dude
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Usually a studio guitar has less cosmetics. Sometimes they even have better sound because of a thinner finish and upgraded electronics. The Epi Les Paul Studio is crap though. The Gibson is about the only Gibby that's worth the money nowadays.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
yeah i just wouldnt say it applies to all artists but some did use studio for studio and standard/custom/whatever for live