Okay I've been playing my epiphone g-400 for about8 or so months and about a month or two after I got it I started having a problem. When I'm plugged in and I toggle from my neck pup to my bridge pup every now and then it makes the sound sound like it's almost got the gain turned way down or like my volume knob is almost turned all the way down. If I switch back to the neck and then go back to the bridge again it fixes it everytime but I don't want this to happen live sometime. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
the switch sounds dirty.
u can try blowing some compressed air into it. but it's pretty cheap to get a new one put in.
epi switches fail all the time.

sure it can also be a loose wire, but no way to tell unless u open it up.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Cool so how would I go about putting a new switch in?
The Don of the UG Mafia, PM me to join the family.

General of the Rage Against the Myspace Club, PM me to enlist.

Member #2 of the 'Shut the fuck up and respect other people's music' Club.' PM TheGospelOfRob to join.
Epiphones are reknowned for having bad switches so i'd imagine that is definatly the culprit
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by Bloody Mary
Cool so how would I go about putting a new switch in?

stewmac.com, or other similar place. i buy a switch and solder the wires on the new switch just like the old ones were.

u can look in the switch cavity first, see if there's a loose wire, or if jiggling something works.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011