Hey peoplzz!!

I´m going to change the stock speakers on my VoxAD30 VT.
My style is mostly blues,rock,funky.
I´ve been told about Eminence speakers or Celestions??

Any suggestions??
both are good, but i think eminence wins out on price (just) and they take a slightly more modern design approach (but keep the vintage tones where required) whereas celestion are sticking to thier there vintage guns... celestion blue: £250... anyone? i dont see any tonal advantages being worth that much, a £30-£50 speaker can sound just as good IMO
The stock ad30vt speaker is 10 inch. This limits your choices some.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 6, 2006,

I've played AD30VT's with the Stock speakers, and with Eminence's switched in.....

I couldn't notice any diffrence in the tone at all......
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
I was playing the AC15 CC1 with the stock Wharfedale's the other day and then the AC15 CCX with the Celestion Alnico Blue (which I've seen for £150) it's exactly the same electronics but with two different speakers, and there was a big difference, the CCX was much more musical sounding and had a much smoother breakup, the Wharfedales sounded kind of 'raggedy' by comparison. There are loads of different Celestions to choose from, and they will all act differently with different amps, I am only recently finding out how much difference a speaker change can make but I believe you can spend £80 on a speaker and get more of an improvement in your sound than you get from an £80 distortion pedal, the only problem being that you can't try it out in the shop.
Tone Tubby!
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
like i said in your other thred, take and make a hole for a 12 inch speaker and get a
vintage 30, you wont regret it....but you might regret posting a duplicate thred....
thanks guys,

Big help again!! I didn´t mean to post a duplicate thread. as both the threads have a different question?!?

wont happen again
haha, i wasnt tellign you off, just testing my own memory

everyone here has said lots of helpful stuiff, i dont have anyhting clever to say now