What "crappy" Ibanez pick ups do you speak of? Unless you have a very low end Ibanez guitar, you will not have crappy pickups. For Thrash metal? Good luck finding ****ty Ibanez pickups. I recently bought an Ibanez S520EX, and I would only switch out the NECK pickup (something rarely used in Thrash), if even that. What guitar do you have?
Quote by JakeM6381
What "crappy" Ibanez pick ups do you speak of? Unless you have a very low end Ibanez guitar, you will not have crappy pickups. For Thrash metal? Good luck finding ****ty Ibanez pickups. I recently bought an Ibanez S520EX, and I would only switch out the NECK pickup (something rarely used in Thrash), if even that. What guitar do you have?

Have ouy ever even played other guitars outside of Ibanez? They pretty much make the worst sounding OEM pickups out of most guitar manufacturers. Even their higher end presitge models with OEM pups are just awful.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Yours is actually better than my Ibanez S520EX, which has Ibanez Infinity (IBZ INF) 1&2 pickups, where as yours has IBZ INF 3H, IBZ INF 3, and IBZ INF 4. These were made by DiMarzio (a very well-renowned pickup maker) specifically for Ibanez. If you really need the new pickups, you might as well go all out and get the DiMarzio Breed-Bridge Humbuckers (obviously for the bridge pickup), DiMarzio Chopper for middle, and the DiMarzio D-Sonic for Bridge.
My Gear:
Ibanez S520EX
53' Gibson Les Paul
Fender Frontman 25R
BOSS Metal-Zone MT-2 Distortion Pedal