Hi all,

Iv just looking at some Epi LPs, i was going to buy an LP standard for £299 but then i found the the LP 100-Bolt on neck.

Same body material, same neck material, but can anyone tell me what the advantage is of having a bolt on neck, the point of having ect?

Also im guessing the pups are cheaper, basically im just looking for reasons why its £110 cheaper.

Thanks
if the neck snaps or warps or gets damaged, stick a new one on really.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
lp -100 is more of a toy.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
negative.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Bolt on means less sustain. And if you are looking for the "true" Les Paul sound, you won't get it with a bolt-on.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
epiphone's aren't toys, the LP-100 isn't bad if you're on a budget with a pickup swap, better than the Ibanez Rg3** series or so, in my opinion, it was my first guitar, and it still isn't bad in my opinion, bolt on necks aren't bad, less sustain though
Quote by Wayward_Son
Bolt on means less sustain. And if you are looking for the "true" Les Paul sound, you won't get it with a bolt-on.

A well done wood to wood bolt on will usually sound as good/better than a glue smothered glue in. Sustain wont be an issue either.

If your really anal about tone, you can hear less of a mid range 'growl' in a bolt on, with more highs. This primarily affects basses, from what I have seen.

I personally took to sanding the finish out of my neck pockets, thus gaining tone. I am VERY particular about tone.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
A well done wood to wood bolt on will usually sound as good/better than a glue smothered glue in. Sustain wont be an issue either.

A LP-100 isn't a well done bolt on though.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?