but could you put a p90 in the neck position of a fender strat...if not is there anygood scs that sound like 90s
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
you technically could but you'd have to make your pickup routings bigger (wider and deeper and fatter) and cut your pickguard to fit and find a way to mount them...
yeah but i mean like regular single coil size
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Quote by sempri_fi
you technically could but you'd have to make your pickup routings bigger (wider and deeper and fatter) and cut your pickguard to fit and find a way to mount them...

The rout needs to be narrower and longer, and you need a custom pickguard.

Go for it!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
o i plan on it actually its my next thing cuz im in quite a few jazz improv bands but i dont own anything but single coils(im notta fan of humbuckers) so i plan to do a little project probably in a couple weeks on adding one soapbar in the neck
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
that would be awesome, you can get humbucking p-90s though, maby you should look into that..

edit: semore duncan has some i believe...
Last edited by sempri_fi at Sep 6, 2006,
im thinking fender makes black doves i think im gonna get those or what ever seymour duncan has
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
im getting the easy way out im getting a double humbucker pickgaurd(just white) then gettin 2 p90s in that then cutting in a single coil in the middle the only question is the single coil strat sized pickup, reverse wound, or not?
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'

Quote by zeppelinpage4
depends on what pickup you use, some are (like texas specials) but some arent. it makes positons 2 and 4 hum cancelling though, pretty nice to have on a strat.