OK, so I've been looking at the S520EX and RG1570, and all of the sudden this RGA121 shows up. No trem, but fantastic neck and finish and basicly everything.

So do I need the trem? I will be de-tuning quite a bit, like down to D and C# to play Killswitch Engage and other metal, I kinda think this will be a hazzle when having a term like the edge pro or the zr.

Am I right or am I wrong? Do I need a trem?

PS: I rarely/never use a whammy bar.
Well if you don't use it, don't get it.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
YOu cant detune a trem, and if u dont use it, then get a fixed bridge lol
yeah, TRUST ME, if you do drop tunings a lot like i do, DO NOT, get a trem. youll be much better off without one. it IS in fact a huge hassle.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Randall RG75DG3
===================
How to get better at guitar when you don't have one, or there isn't one around:

Quote by Invictious
Air guitar.

Masturbate.

you dont need one, especially for drop tunings

and if anyone says u NEED a trem

just tell them to go talk to jimmy page
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

nope never.

why pay extra if you will never use?
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Locking trems are enough of a pain in the arse when you are playing in standard tuning at times...
no you don't, it's one of the things where you want it if you don't have it, but never use it if you do, at least it would be for me
Quote by mattfm
nope never.

why pay extra if you will never use?

funny cuz the RGA is 800 and the RG1570 is 750 at GC. ok you say your gunna down tune, so is it that you CHANGE tunings, like e standard to drop d or d standard? or are you going to keep it in a dropped tuning?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Thanks guys, really appreciate it.

to angusyoungwanab: I'm talking about downtuning and changing tuning, cus the stuff I play is in lotsa different tunings, like drop D, D standard, E standard, drop C etc.

So, guess I don't need the trem then!

Does that mean that the RGA121 is the best Ibanez no-trem I should get for that amount of money? Around £550/$1000
If you detune alot, stick with a fixed trem.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ Yeh, that or the RG321MH. The 321mh is only 280$, mahagony body, fixed bridge, string thru, wizard 2 neck. You really cant beat it
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I personally find them more of a hindrance than a help. It's unfortunate that so many come with floating trems, it's hard to find a guitar you love without one.