im tryin to keep as pure a tone as possible, so can anyone tell me which pedals aren't true bypass or which will suck my tone? what would i need to do to prevent tone suckage?

(not in any order)
DigiTech JamMan Looper Pedal
Digitech ToneDriver
Dunlop 95Q wah
MXR 10-Band Graphic EQ
DOD FX25B Envelope Filter
Line 6 ToneCore Dr. Distorto Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff Pi Distortion
(and a tuner)
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
pretty much any line 6/boss/ digitech pedal will not have ture bypass. the ot hers i'm not sure about.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
You should check on the website because usually when a pedal is true-bypass, the compagny writes it as a big quality so it should be easy to find when it's true bypass
DigiTech JamMan Looper Pedal Not TBP
Digitech ToneDriver Not TBP
Dunlop 95Q wah Not sure, probably not TBP
MXR 10-Band Graphic EQ Not TBP
DOD FX25B Envelope Filter Not TBP
Line 6 ToneCore Dr. Distorto Pedal Not TBP
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff Pi Distortion Not TBP
(and a tuner)

Ok, so after I go through all of them I notice not a single one is TBP. The EQ and Muff have a decent (but not true) bypass, but you're probably getting some signal loss/muddying from all those other pedals. To stop the tone suck, you can get a looper like the boss LS-2. It will take the pedals out of your signal chain until you need them.
actually, I don't think it is, I've seen mods for it before. I think analogman and Keeley both sold the mod at one point, and it's on google now.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
True bypass strip?

a whoosawhatnow?
Quote by RHCP94
you can make a looper pedal, or buy one to work like that. If you wire it correctly depending on the switches you use, you can make it true bypass for each loop. This way, no signal passes thru the pedals on the loop when the switch is off. There are probably designs on google, and you can also just modify some of the A/B box designs which I know I've seen, since it's really the same principle.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
True bypass strip?

the looper idea sounds simpler.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
it should be pretty simple to build a looper for the pedals. or even cooler would be a thing that has a separate loop for each pedal you want (or combo of a couple pedals). something like this would work, where instead of going the the in and out on a circutboard, you just wire in a jack. then you just leave each pedal on and stomp the switch on your bypass box that corresponds to that pedal to put it in your chain. should work, and i think if you use 3pdt switches instead of dpdt you could have an led to show which loop is on (tho that might require batteries or some other extra wiring).
I think im gonna do sumthin like this because i have no friggin clue wtf u all r talkin about with true bypass strips and looping thingamafricks

gracias jof1029
Quote by RHCP94
^ well a looper is basicly that but only doing one swtich. doing it the way in that pic would be cool to do cause you could have a switch for every effect if you just keep linking them. the only thing is that there are no leds, but im sure that someone could come up with a wiring diagram for them.
true bypass strip is the go guys, easy stuff too, look on sites like DIYstompboxes.com for a truebypass schematic.
Marty
Heres a pedalboard with a true bypass strip..

Not my pedalboard. Just so you get the idea.

Edit: I also drew this, so you get the idea how one might be wired up.

All the LED positive legs should go to a resistor, then straight to a 9v power supply.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Sep 8, 2006,