ok well, i hav access to tools and help this year so i wanna build myself a guitar. but before i do so i wanna get a few answers. First off i hav interest in about every guitar style, but realy I focus mostly on blues and metal, and i wanna know a few things to get this guitar so itll work good for both. First, what type of wood should i use thatll be the best for both, and what kind of pick up combo should i look at. And also, im wanted to let my girlfriend paint it (shes quite the artist)...and i was wondering if thatll effect it negativley at all...or at least what type of paint she should use, its gonna be brush..no airbrushing...just keep that in mind....so ya...any answers will help a ton....thanx in advance

-j3
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
pretty much any wood will work(almost, not plywood) my ax50 is agthis and i use it 4 metal, and it sounds pretty cool. the paint definetly wont affect sound. post some pics
music=life
everything else is just details
Don't use agathis man, get mahogany if u like blues and metal, you could try alder, it has a bright more trebley tone.
RG550DY

Tone zone bridge
Hs3
Paf neck

RG550CO

D sonic bridge
evo neck

Flextone 2plus
i wanna keep a bass type tone...so i culd get a srv strat tone...but still be able to get the distortion for good metal....what about pick ups....i kinda wanted to do a 2-1-2 set up ...but wut pup combo shuld i use? and for kissmyaxe...i dont have any pictures because i havnt started it yet...its gonna be my shop project in school...but i will make sure and get a thread on that guitar started when i do start it
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
just a bump...ide realy like to get some help with this