okay ive liked audioslave since they began and i got into rage before that, so im wondering can you guys tell me what the **** HE IS DOING IN THE ORIGINAL FIRE "SOLO" or what other tricks he knows, although i have TONS of respect for tom morello he honestly just TOUCHES a guitar and its a solo!!!!!! please reply
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
I have no idea what he does, but he is a rather dashing genius with guitars. He does the most unconventional things for all of his stunning guitarwork.
yeah it is true he is very much a genious when it comes to it we all KNEW we can make that weird kinda dj sound with one guitar by rubbing the strings but i think tom's the first to actually make it a solo, but no that isn't what he does in the original fire thingy, i saw the vid and he like plays the low e and tunes and detunes at the time he plays it with a wah but im not sure if its actually believable.
Quote by drunkinkoala
It's weird, kids want to be adults and adults want to be kids.

Quote by HarmlessLilF*ck
You know you're a guitar player when you would rather use the internet to look at pictures of guitars than spread eagled chicks.
He uses a phaser of some sort and a wah while pushing the low e string down to the pickup and up again while also playing with the tuning peg.

He probably uses a few other effects in there too, it just escapes me at the moment. Do a search online and you'll probably find it. Morello is absolutely the most innovative guitarist of the 90's - present.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
i always thought he just played an open a string and rocked the whammy pedal.
I will fuc