Poll: wich strings?
Poll Options
View poll results: wich strings?
yellow
14 67%
purple
7 33%
Voters: 21.
Neither, get .011's. Just kidding, get what you want. Also depends on what you want to play with them.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by deluxity
are the super slinky good?

Yes they are very good strings, i've been playing on them for a year and a half, and their the best stings i've ever used.
I would recommend the lighter ones for blues and such. And trust me here: get D'Addarios, not Ernie Ball. D'Addario last a lot longer, and are a lot more durable from my experience.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Yellow, it's got bigger gauged low strings. Gotta love that.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
I've used GHS Boomers for 10 odd years, I've never had any complaints and new boomers sound ace. I know I did use D'Addario's at one stage, I used to have problems with them slipping from the pegs that used to piss me off to no end.
If you play blues you should be ashamed of considering such light gauge strings, start with 10's and work up to 11's man the tone is just so uncomparabley better with heavier strings, and anyone who says light have just as good tone is wrong. Most people (with obvious exceptions) use light gauges becasue they are too weiny to build up to heavier gauges, you can't say anyone thinks light strings have better tone by comparison. And esspecialley blues, blues is ALL about the tone man. Srv used ****ing 18's at one point he couldn't get heavy enough, and just listen to his tone.
Quote by Dyne
If you play blues you should be ashamed of considering such light gauge strings, start with 10's and work up to 11's man the tone is just so uncomparabley better with heavier strings, and anyone who says light have just as good tone is wrong. Most people (with obvious exceptions) use light gauges becasue they are too weiny to build up to heavier gauges, you can't say anyone thinks light strings have better tone by comparison. And esspecialley blues, blues is ALL about the tone man. Srv used ****ing 18's at one point he couldn't get heavy enough, and just listen to his tone.

i don't play just blues, i play all kind of stuff, so, i'm going gor the yellow ones
Quote by Stygian Sins
The ones that are made of metal, you get better distortion on thoes..

i hope this guy is kidding? hahah
im going to buy the thicker ones, who cares, i f i don't like those, i use them for a while and then i buy some new strings, life is long
Quote by deluxity
im going to buy the thicker ones, who cares, i f i don't like those, i use them for a while and then i buy some new strings, life is long
good thicker is better, you should work your way up to atleast 11's. and dude thick strings isn't for just blues. it increases your tone no matter what it'll alway sound better. Most metal guys use heavy strings too. And if you don't like them don't base it on the gauge that isn't it, try same gauge differnt brand. If you like the sound but the strings are too hard to play just wait a few days play a lot and you'll get as used to them as you were the light gauges.
Quote by deluxity
i play classic rock and some blues

i think its time you upgraded to .11s

or at least tens
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by Dyne
Srv used ****ing 18's at one point he couldn't get heavy enough, and just listen to his tone.

yeh like once then he bruised his fingers then went back to what he normally uses .14s

.13s is the highest you really want to ever go , SRV wasnt human, unless you have hands of iron
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
Quote by NemesisX
*cough* Ernie Ball.

Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
Quote by srvman
yeh like once then he bruised his fingers then went back to what he normally uses .14s

.13s is the highest you really want to ever go , SRV wasnt human, unless you have hands of iron

I agree I was jsut giving an example, 13's are the highest you'll ever want to go. I'm defenitly not going above what I use now 12's. I couldn't imagine how hard 14's would be to play.
i had 14s for a month and my fingers still have a scar on them where they got cut