i asked my friend about some scales to learn and he reccomeneded "minor penatonic" and the two "lead patterns." could somebody tab these out (its easier to understand this way) and post the tab in this thread? thanks alot

p.s. if you know any other scales commonly used in blues and classic rock title them and post them here please.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
I'm sure this is exactly the opposite of what you want to hear, but if you really want to gain an understanding of the concepts behind the scales, thus making you a better player and allowing you to utilize the scales as best as possible, you should research the scales yourself and learn about them.
: : Guitars
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Ibanez Acoustic-Electric
Fender Black Strat
: : Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde Distortion & Overdrive
Dunlop Crybaby
Fender Tuner
all blues and classic rock use minor pentatonic sometimes wiith diatonic notes. there are different modes the best starting place is the aeolian mode. which basically if your take your four fingers and assign them each one fret with no spaces it starts on the root note and has a fingering pattern of 1-4 1-3 1-3 1-3 1-4 1-4. so i the key of a minor it would be
-5----8----------------------------------------------------------------------
-5----8-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-5----7-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-5----7----------------------------------------------------------------------
this to be played in the same key as the rythym if its in major play in relative minor. if you dont understand this then you need a teacher, no offense intended.
Last edited by that1l)ude at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by that1l)ude
all blues and classic rock use minor pentatonic sometimes wiith diatonic notes. there are different modes the best starting place is the aeolian mode. which basically if your take your four fingers and assign them each one fret with no spaces it starts on the root note and has a fingering pattern of 1-4 1-3 1-3 1-3 1-4 1-4. so i the key of a minor it would be
-5----8----------------------------------------------------------------------
-5----7----------------------------------------------------------------------
this to be played in the same key as the rythym if its in major play in relative minor. if you dont understand this then you need a teacher, no offense intended.

thanks, that made alot of sense, actually. w00t, no teacher needed here. yet at least. so that is the minor penatonic? or one of the lead patterns?
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.
Quote by 812many
thanks, that made alot of sense, actually. w00t, no teacher needed here. yet at least. so that is the minor penatonic? or one of the lead patterns?

you really havent a clue man, wot r u talking about 'lead patterns'?
and you cant just learn that box the guy printed above you need to learn all teh patterns for that whole scale and learn scales like the major and minor, check this site out http://www.all-guitar-chords.com/guitar_scales.php pick your scale and its there