Well, I played one of their 5 strings and it was incredible. So, I'd say go with the schecter. I just think they have a better sound than a fender.
I absolutely love Schecter. I'll save you the whole essay I used to post in these threads, and jsut say I have a Stiletto Elite-4 (IMO, the best bass they make, though that is arguable) and could not be happier. after playing that and comparing it to dozens of others, I can't think of a single other bass I'd play regularly (I still want a Ric, but for fun, not really to paly onstage). So yeah, if you like a Schecter, feel safe in buying one, they sound great, look great, and are incredibaly versitile.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
Just tried one out, simply put, theyre amazing.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
ill say they are good, but arent the best. they are like their guitars, great if you dont know any better. go find a washburn and then compare (t24 or force 4) and let me know what you think is better. the washburns will blow the schecters away.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Can't argue with TubaDude. Never tried a washburn, how are they, tuba?
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
they are awesome, i have 2 basses (and 2 guitars) from washburn. i just bought a XB925, which is the high end USA bass from washburn. and it is an awesome bass. neck is very smooth, small for a 5 string neck, which i like, (not jazz bass, but pretty close) the electronics (bartolini 3 band EQ with active/passive switch) are awesome, you can do everything with them. the wood looks awesome, weighs nearly 10 pounds, which ive never seen a bass that heavy (AFAIK).

anyways, the force and tarus lines are somewhat similar, the force is active while the taurus is passive. force is bubigna, and tarus is mahagony. thats the big difference between the 2 basses. both are great, i was gonna go with a force untill i scored a great deal on ym XB925

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
I'm not a very experienced player but I love my Schecter Stiletto Elite-4. Feels great, easy to play and I can get the sound I want with very little effort. I also have a Washburn XB920 and a USA Jazz Bass. The Schecter is my favorite and it was the least expensive.
I live in Canada and I can't find anywhere that has Schecters. It sucks.
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
That Schecter C-4 is what I currently own, and play.

Its a decent guitar. Is good with slapping and popping. Just doesnt do to well if you tune it down (FCGC), or anything lower than that. but still plays fine.
Quote by Killswitch31
That Schecter C-4 is what I currently own, and play.

Its a decent guitar. Is good with slapping and popping. Just doesnt do to well if you tune it down (FCGC), or anything lower than that. but still plays fine.

wait... isn't that uptuned.. basses are normally tuned to EADG, FCGC is tuned up unless you can pull your strings like 5 inches away from the fretboard
Member of UG's Mac users club. PM Metalstillsucks if you are wanting in.

Quote by hendrixmusicman
whats IMO? like Emo? If imo is emo, then buddy, you can just shut up because im in the anti emo army. same with the veggies. I'm classic rock all the way.
Schecter basses are amazing FOR THE PRICE. I have the Custom 4 and i loved it to death. Then i got a Marcus Miller Jazz and the buyild quality of that makes the C4 feel like a toy. I kid you not.

Still, i broke a string on my Jazz and that night i played the C4 and the tone is awesome on it.
I love the C-4. I will also say that they are the best for the price. I have never been impressed with Washburn's woods or tone, though. To each his own.
Washburns kill schecter. I'd rather have a good ol fender jazz instead too. But yeah i'd get a washburn.
I say go with the Schecter. I have played a bunch of Washburns and while they were not bad, Schecter is better is all aspects
Holiday, Boulevard Of Broken Dreams And American Idiot's Solos!!!! Those Are Soooo Good!!!
greenday1182
^which washburns did you play?

Quote by steven seagull
if they are anything like the guitar quality, id say its a great value.

love that finish btw.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
I've played some of the higher end XB-series (I even own an XB-100, was my first bass, and it was great for what I needed at the time, but a starter bass and nothing more) and taurus (sp) Washburns, and while they are good basses, I just don't care for them. They don't feel right to me. I feel the same way with MusicMan and Fender basses, I'm not saying they're bad, I just don't like them. With the eccentricies of my playing technique, I have trouble playing on them, and the sound of them isn't quite what I like. I find I can get far more variations in sound from my Stiletto Elite (which I think is far superior to any other Schecter bass, but this is once again just my opinion). I prefer the sound, look and feel of them to any other bass I've played, with the sole exception of a Ric. The only reason I don't have a Ric and I'm not in much of a hurry to get one is the limitations on the sound. I love the Ric sound, but I can do far more with my Schecter. So a lot of what I say is opinion, but I still think that you can't go wrong with a Schecter.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.
i own a stiletto studio-4 and it's amazing. i play metal, classic rock, and and i slap and pop for fun at home and it does them all very well. Sounds and feels amazing.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu