Look at my hand!

That's not my hand. It is real though, and the correct term for it is polydactyly. Is there any sucessful guitarist with this condition... or how about a guitarist with fewer than 5 fingers?
that looks so photoshopped

however with someone with the condition, i doubt they can use their fingers as well as their others
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Quote by i_baked_cookies
Look at my hand!

That's not my hand. It is real though, and the correct term for it is polydactyly. Is there any sucessful guitarist with this condition... or how about a guitarist with fewer than 5 fingers?

In the middle of his career, Django Reinhardt suffered an injury in a fire that essentially fused his pinky and ring fingers on his fretting hand together, rendering them useless. The world's first great jazz guitarist could only play with 2 fingers.

As far as polydactyly, I'm sure it just matters about the level of development of the musculature in the extra appendage. If it has normal muscles and clear nerve pathways, no reason why it couldn't be useful. I think it'd be interesting to hear a proficient 6 finger guitarist, although I could see it having more impact on a piano player.
Hi, I'm Peter
that picture is probably one of the worst photoshop jobs i've ever seen. Look mid-palm on the right side. you can see a little sliver of the picture of the single pinky they added on. They just cut and crammed a second ring finger in the picture. Look at the real ring finger and then the second one on the right. THEY ARE THE SAME! the shadow on the fingertip is the exact same. its just smaller. Boo, they failed.
well if you really have 6 fingers, i did know someone who did, and if you can control all of them, you could become the best shredder ever lol
Quote by Iruka1986
that picture is probably one of the worst photoshop jobs i've ever seen. Look mid-palm on the right side. you can see a little sliver of the picture of the single pinky they added on. They just cut and crammed a second ring finger in the picture. Look at the real ring finger and then the second one on the right. THEY ARE THE SAME! the shadow on the fingertip is the exact same. its just smaller. Boo, they failed.

You are correct. Most people with the condition have deformed fingers.
Carvin DC127+Custom Lacewood Build+Godin SD--->Traynor YCV50BLUE

My Build IT'S DONE!