I'm gonna get a new amp once I have the money, and I'm looking at the mesaboogie f-series amps. I play heavy metal, and I like a lot of distortion and sustain. Which one would be best for what I play(and also consider the price, anything way too expensive is out), the 30, 50, or 100, or if they have something better for a good price please tell me. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
BTW my guitar is a Jackson DX10D dinky with two duncan humbucker pickups.
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
I personaly own a dual rec, and I think it covers metal just fine, but if you're more into a "classic metal" sound I've heard the mark iv's are better although I've never actually played one. I don't know much about the f series amps so I can't help you there.
CLICK HERE to see my rig
Mesa Dual Rectifier
4x12 Recto Standard
H&K 1x12 Switchblade
Flextone 3 XL
PRS Custom 22 Ten Top
ESP EC-1000
Shecter Gryphon w/ Emg 85/81
Ibanez AEF37
EHX small clone/ holy grail
BBE Sonic maximizer
Boss DD6
Last edited by SACRAMETAL at Sep 7, 2006,
I'll go with Sacrametal on that one....
Mesa Dual Rec/ Mesa 4X12 cab
01 PRS Custom 22
06 PRS Singlecut Ann.
1965 Fender Mustang
Ibanez acoustic
AceFrehley Epiphone LP
Takamine Explorer
tr-2 tu-2 / EHX DMM / MXR Script Phase 90 / SMM w/ HAZR
WH-1 Whammy / 535Q Crybaby
I played an F50 a few weeks ago, it sounded nice, and had a lot of gain, but probably not enough for heavy metal, or so I thought.
Try one of the F series out.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the f series does have alot of gain, but its voiced a little different from the rectifier line and the mark line. also, the f30 and the f50-100 are different, i think the 30 have 6l6 and the 50/100 has el34 (or vice versa, i dont remember) but really for any one of the f series amps youre gonna want an eq or maybe a boost.
I tried out an F-50 at guitar center and I thought it sounded great, plenty of gain for metal, IMO
Peavey JSX 2x12
ESP Horizon NT-II
Ibz RG3EXQM - EMG 81/89
Ibz RG270 - Dimarzio PAF Pro/Mo' Joe
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez DE-7
EHX Small Clone
Boss NS-2
i'd say the 50 or 100, el84's are quite sweet-sounding when they distort.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?