Sorry to start another thread but I'm just gonna put all my power tabs questions one thread. What am I supposed to assume when the tabs doesn't tell me where to slide to I'm even sure it actualy means slide or not? For Example /9 and under it says sl. . Secondly What does a gray note mean and how do you play it? Lastly what do paranthesis around a note mean and how do you play it?

Thanks for helping me out I aprecciate it. Maybe soon I won't have so many questions.
Last edited by I likeallguitar at Sep 7, 2006,
in response to the /9 question, that means that you slide from anywhere on the fretboard to the desired note. (listen to the first part of the solo in dani california and you'll get the idea)
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Wouldn't a grey note mean a ghost note? Ghost notes are notes that usually dont have to be played in the song, but are there just incase.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
The gray notes are possible tied notes, that is, they continue from the previous measure, they might also be ghost notes. and another thing, slide from anywhere in front of the 9th fret, ie 5th SLIDE 9th. whatever's easy for you
Quote by I likeallguitar
Sorry to start another thread but I'm just gonna put all my power tabs questions one thread. What am I supposed to assume when the tabs doesn't tell me where to slide to I'm even sure it actualy means slide or not? For Example /9 and under it says sl. . Secondly What does a gray note mean and how do you play it? Lastly what do paranthesis around a note mean and how do you play it?

Thanks for helping me out I aprecciate it. Maybe soon I won't have so many questions.

/9 means slide from nowhere, which is sliding from anywhere below the note up to the 9th fret. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a gray note. But I think you mean when you make a note tied from the last note and it turns grey. Basically, that means you take the time of the previous note, and you add the time of the "gray" note to it. You don't do anything, just hold it. Parenthesis on PowerTab means a ghost note which either means an optional note that isn't required to play, or a very quietly played note.

And put these in the PowerTab thread in the Tabs and Chords Forum next time!
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.