Page 1 of 2
I just got back from the roger Waters concert at PNC (which was on his b-day no less) and I was amazed. Words cannot describe how fantastic that concert was. Each person filling in for a Floyd member played their part perfectly, the solos were perfectly executed, and the visual effects were amazing.

Did anyone else see this concert and what did you think?

P.S. here's the pig they released during Sheep
"There is no dark side in the moon, Matter of fact, its all dark"

Are there any queers in the theatre tonight?

*Official Deadhead*
I honestly see this is as really pathetic, the fact that Roger Waters is too much of a prick to reunite with Pink Floyd but he goes and plays shows which revolve around the Pink Floyd stuff rather than his solo stuff.
Quote by MountainJam
I just got back from the roger Waters concert at PNC (which was on his b-day no less) and I was amazed. Words cannot describe how fantastic that concert was. Each person filling in for a Floyd member played their part perfectly, the solos were perfectly executed, and the visual effects were amazing.

This is amazing news. I'm going to see him September 18. YES! HE RELEASES THE PIG!

Edit: Horebane, apparently you have been living under a rock. Roger is more willing to get together with the rest of Pink Floyd and get the band back together than David is. David is the one that is feeling too old to get back together.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
Quote by Horebane
I honestly see this is as really pathetic, the fact that Roger Waters is too much of a prick to reunite with Pink Floyd but he goes and plays shows which revolve around the Pink Floyd stuff rather than his solo stuff.

you do realize its now dave whos not renuiting them now? roger said hes up for it.

EDIT : didnt see his edit, beaten to it
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
Nice picture, do you have a set list? I'd like to know what songs he played...
Co-founder of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM me or nick dixon
Winner of the CR Best Avatar Award

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
That's how we roll in the CR forum.
Irritate us, and we'll sic our 14 year old on you!
tomorrow night
QUEEN+PAUL RODGERS 3/10/06
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
*SPOILER*

He released the Pig during Sheep. He also is using this same setlist for all his shows, also he shortened Shine On You Crazy Diamond

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by MountainJam
*SPOILER*

He released the Pig during Sheep. He also is using this same setlist for all his shows, also he shortened Shine On You Crazy Diamond

Wow, that's a lot of Floyd. Wish I was going to a concert.
I was there. The Pig released during Sheep was walked around the center aisle of the pavillion, I was the second row away from the aisle...the guy underneath it was a butcher, with a knife and blood on his shirt and everything

This show was AMAZING. Flawless, except for one minor slip up (I'll get to that later)

Here's my review:

My dad and I arrived at around 6:45, pulled into the VIP parking and were eating in the VIP club by about 7:00. Took us 20 minutes to eat, so we arrived at out seats by around 7:25ish. The stage had been set up, and the screen was on, showing a picture of a radio with a few knobs, a little shot glass, and a bottle of alcohol. There was a toy bomber and toy soldiers on top of the radio as well. 8:00 rolls around, no Roger. About that time though, a hand appears on the screen, with a cigarette in it, and begins the interact with the objects on the screen, changing the radio station (which could be heard in the pavillion), picking up the shot glass, etc. This continued until around 8:20, when the lights went out. The band walked out onto the dark stage, and Roger walked up to the mic, still in shadows and counted off...

"Eins! Zrei! Drei!..."

In the Flesh
What an opener. Leads were good from Dave Kilminster, backup vocals sounded great, as did Roger. Great way to start it off. There were plenty of pyrotechnics during this song (it wasn't the loud stuff that blew out your ears for a few seconds, though, which was good).

Mother
Rog picked up and acoustic and began the chords to Mother. The first political reference of the night got a mild response ("Mother should I trust the government") from the audience Since it was only an acoustic guitar for the first few minutes, you could easily hear the entire crowd singing. Snowy White played lead, and did a great job with it.

Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun
This is the first song where I began to notice how great the visuals and lighting were. The sun's horizon slowly moved all the way up the screen, and as the song continued, it turned into a bunch of psychadelic images. Also, bubbles (yes, bubbles) were blown from the top of the stage down onto the orchestra. If I remember correctly, the screen also showed a few shots of the band in the old days, with Syd, which got some much deserved applause. This song rocked, it was much better then I expected. Snowy White played lead on this one also, Rog still on acoustic.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Set the Controls faded out (very cool to hear a live fade out), and gave way to Harry Waters beginning the intro to Shine On Pts. 1-5. No intro solo, but the crowd went nuts when the familiar "Syd's Theme" was played. Dave Kilminster followed with a nice solo, staying true to the original. There was no synth inbetween solos though, it just went straight to the verse. Roger sounded great on this one, another crowd singalong (this was were I started to feel my voice deteriorate a litte ). Very good sax solo here as well. All of the screens showed a large image of Syd during the beginning of this song. Good to see.

Have a Cigar
Shine On faded out, and gave way to Have a Cigar. This song has one of the best basslines ever. Dave K ripped up the solo at the end, he sounded awesome. Roger's vocals were pretty good here too, though no one can do better then Roy Harper. The song also had the sharp fade out as it does on the album, and the radio set from the opening returned, as the arm flipped through the channels on cue with the song, giving way to...

Wish You Were Here
I'm pretty sure that they used part of the album for the intro rhythm guitar. I couldn't really tell if Snowy White was strumming, nor if his hands were moving, he was engulfed in the shadows. Regardless, the crowd really went nuts at the beginning of this song. Dave K sounded good with the intro solo. As opposed to Waters' Live 8 vocal performance, his vocals here were good. Kilminster played the first solo with a slide, and even included the scat solo in the outro. NOTE: I moved up a row and more towards the center halfway through this song. Damn guy in front of me wouldn't shut the hell up.

Southampton Dock
The stage crew rolled out a bookcase, a lamp, and a chair for Roger to sit on. I'm not overly familiar with the Final Cut stuff, but this sounded good. The crowd sat down for this one, so I figured I'd do the same and sit down in my comfy VIP seats

Fletcher Memorial Home
Roger dropped his acoustic as he attempted to put it on the stand (), took the mic and proceeded to sing the Fletcher Memorial home. Very passionate vocals.

Perfect Sense Pts. 1 and 2
I'm not a huge fan of Waters solo stuff, so I don't have much to say about this one

Leaving Beirut
Waters finally stopped and had a little chat with the crowd, he mentioned his birthday and I heard the sections behind me start singing. Don't know if Roger heard or not though. He then went on to explain the inspiration for this song. I liked it, it was pretty good musically. After the song however, the audience had a very mixed opinion, due to all the political issues that were hinted at. There was plenty of applause, but a lot of booing also. Anyway, after a few seconds, the crowd got over it and the next song was started...

Sheep
This was the moment I was waiting for. This was the first time the 360 degree sound really came into play. You could hear the sheep noises from all around, it was very cool. Jon Carin played the keyboards in the intro, with Waters fading in on bass...and eventually, a little drum fill and BAM- Sheep. Vocals were very good, many people accuse Roger of using a backing track for this song...I didn't seem to notice any, it seemed like he was singing it himself. This was the point were my vocals gave out I loved every second of this song. During the interlude, where the psalm is read, as mentioned before, they brought out the Pig and walked it from one side of the pavillion to the other side, at one point bringing it right over our heads. The butcher that was underneath it was yelling something, but I couldn't make it out. The last verses came, and then, my absolute favorite part of the song...the outro. Three guitars (Dave K, Snowy White, and Jon Carin) were needed, and it sounded amazing. My one comment about this song is that it wasn't as vicious as it was in '77, but then again, no one was throwing fireworks here Doesn't matter though, this was one of the major highlight's of the night.

INTERMISSION. The screen showed a small dot, which slowly grew, and as it did, it was easy to see that it was the moon. 15-20 minutes later, the moon took up most of the screen, and the heartbeat began...
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
Last edited by BrainDamage at Sep 7, 2006,
well this is basically refering to hes American tour so i guess u can get away with it. seems like the same setlist tho. i would loved to have seen PTDO on there
I don't know, I was really drunk at the time
I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks...

Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join
ive never seen him, but i have the In The Flesh dvd, and i've watched it half to death since i bought it. awesome stuff.
Speak to Me
The heartbeat grew louder, and the sound effects began. The 360 sound really came into play here, you could here the various spoken lines and laughter coming from everywhere.

Breathe
Jon Carin played the slide guitar, and Dave K played the fills, it sounded great. Vocals were done by Jon Carin and Andy Fairweather Low (I'm pretty sure Dave K didn't sing on this one...can't remember). The whole crowd was singing, it was a great moment.

On the Run
Pretty much the same as the studio version, with a couple of added sound effects (the first of which scared the shit out of me ).

Time
Amazing. The clocks sounded off, and again, the 360 sound made it feel like they were all around you. Roger did the vocals here, and they sounded good. Jon Carin sang Wright's part, and Andy Fairweather Low did the high harmonies during Wright's part. Kilminster's solo was great...true to the original, but with a little flare, though not overdone like Doyle Bramhall from the In the Flesh tour. Breathe Reprise was good, though they didn't exaggerate the transition, as Gilmour often does.

Great Gig in the Sky
Whoever did the vocals on this song was terriffic. I think her name was PP Arnold. Sounded great.

Money
The cash registers chimed in from all around, again, thanks to the 360 degree sound. It sounded like Roger actually started this on time, which was rare when Floyd was performing this song live. The one minor slip up was during this song. When the song broke out into the rhythm before the first verse, it sounded like a backup singer began just a little too early. Dave Kilminster took the vocals for this, and sounded alright, nothing against his voice...but no one can come close to Gilmour's vocals on this song The solos were awesome...Snowy White and Dave K playing duel leads for the first solo, Kilminster on the breakdown solo, and then the duel leads again for the third solo. Sax was spot on as well. A little bit of call and response from Dave K and his guitar, and Money faded out into...

Us and Them
This is one of my least favorite songs on Dark Side (it's a great song, I prefer others though), but I enjoyed it a lot live. Jon Carin on vocals and keys, with most likely everyone joining on the big choruses. During the chorus, they had very bright lights shining out into the crowd, it was cool. Ian Ritchie on sax was great.

Any Colour You Like
Great jam on this song. This is my favorite part on Dark Side...Any Colour-->Brain Damage-->Eclipse, and it did not disappoint. Kilminster sounded awesome on the solo.

Brain Damage
This was the best example of the 360 sound. The laughter came from EVERYWHERE. It was funny to see people turning their heads towards the back of the pavillion, in search of the source of this noise Very, very cool. Roger on vocals, as to be expected, with everyone on the chorus.

Eclipse
The best part of Dark Side, in my opinion, is the transition from Brain Damage to Eclipse. Eclipse is the perfect ending to a perfect album. It seems like everything that happened throughout the album just comes to one big final close. "And everything under the sun is in tune, and the sun is eclipsed by the moon" It was perfect, I got the chills. Heartbeat...the faint "There is no dark side of the moon really..."

The End.

The band took a bow and left the stage.

Shortly thereafter, they came back out for encores.

Happiest Days of Our Lives-->Another Brick in the Wall Pt. 2
The helicopters flew by from left to right and then down towards the stage (that's how good the sound system was ), and Waters (along with the rest of the crowd) shouted his "You! Yes you!" remarks...then right into Happiest Days. Another Brick had the whole crowd singing, which was to be expected. Kilminster played a solo similar to the album version, and then let Snowy improv, just like the old days. Although Snowy has gotten a lot better over the years.

Vera
A lot of people consider songs like this to be filler on the Wall. I don't. I couldn't tell who was playing acoustic guitar, cause the spotlight was on Roger, but it sounded just like the album. Nice little song to throw in as an encore.

Bring the Boys Back Home
This was expanded, and it was loud. There was fire going off behind the band, syncronized with explosion sounds in the song. "are you feelin' ok? time to goooo! are you feelin' ok? aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, is there anybody out there?"

Comfortably Numb
And last, but certainly not least, you knew it was coming...Comfortably Numb. Even my dad, who said he didn't even want to hear this song (he said he had heard it too much) was singing. Especially during Gilmour's vocal part (which, if I remember, was handled by Jon Carin). My voice was absolutely shot, but what did I care The first solo was spot on, and the second solo was back and forth between Snowy and Dave K. Kilminster would play the studio part, pause, and let Snowy play some improved leads before starting right back up where he left off in the studio solo. It was very cool.

So that was it. The concert I had been waiting for was finished.

I loved every minute of it.

EDIT: in typing these two posts up, I just relived the entire show
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at Sep 7, 2006,
*sighs dreamily* i wish i couldve been there, after the description i totally felt like i was there though
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER
^True
I had my hands in the river,
My feet back up on the bank,
Looked up to the Lord above and said,
"Hey man, Thanks"

Dr. Spinnerbait of the UG Fishermans Club. PM Joe-Fish to join.
now I'm off to find someone who will take me to MSG next week

Roger played for 2 and a half hours, which is a great length, considering you're lucky if you get over an hour and a half at some concerts these days. And the one thing I can complain about is...Harry Waters. Lose the dreads and the beard, man
Quote by Thefallofman
Ew...he plays Set The Controls...that song's boring. I wish they would get back together...for Syd's sake. Syd is the only reason I listen to anyone in Pink Floyd.
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Ew...he plays Set The Controls...that song's boring. I wish they would get back together...for Syd's sake. Syd is the only reason I listen to anyone in Pink Floyd.

Set the Controls was real good. They added in a solo for it and had this visual of a burning sun, that looked amazing

*Official Deadhead*
Quote by MountainJam

you cannot imagine how much i envy you.
Follow me on instagram @createdaily
tonight
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
w00t i'm going on the 23rd
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
In response to BrainDamage's review....wow

It sounds really cool, wish i'd been there (in the VIP seats of course )

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
Quote by joshsirjoshules
Ew...he plays Set The Controls...that song's boring.
yeah, ok. You should hear Waters' live version.
Quote by Thefallofman
^Yeah it was one of the best songs he did in Cork, stand out moment though was at the end of the concert we all just went a bit mad after comfortably numb and Waters grabs the mic and goes "You were fucking brilliant!" it was so cool
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

^^oh man, how could you pass tickets up?

EDIT: ah, and especially a show in Montreal! We all know what happened there 29 years ago
Quote by Thefallofman
I am so excited for this concert... thank you so much BrainDamage for that review. I just bought the tickets on a whim because I had seen David Gilmour and he was the voice of Pink Floyd so I wasn't really interested in Roger, but then I thought, 'Hey, it's Roger Waters... I need to go.' so then I bought some tickets for me and a friend. I am so happy that he is actually singing the songs too instead of having people try to attempt Gilmour's parts. I'd rather hear Roger singing Gilmour's parts then a random wannabe. Jon Carin sounds alot like Gilmour, too. I'm glad to hear he'll be singing Gilmour's parts.
Quote by primusucks
"i am so proud that by chance i am living in a place that during a territorial divide it got the largest mass of land."

hey texas, nobody cares.
^^Carin is a great musician. I like his voice a lot.

Enjoy the show
Quote by Thefallofman
Last edited by BrainDamage at Sep 8, 2006,
Quote by BrainDamage
^^oh man, how could you pass tickets up?

EDIT: ah, and especially a show in Montreal! We all know what happened there 29 years ago

I assumed he played a full catalogue of his solo work, not Pink Floyd... apparently I was wrong.
Quote by wilty00
I assumed he played a full catalogue of his solo work, not Pink Floyd... apparently I was wrong.

The tour is called Roger Waters does Dark Side of the Moon...
Quote by primusucks

hey texas, nobody cares.
just got back. i didnt really get into the show too much until they started dark side. but after that man i didnt want it to stop. his voice was alot better then i thought it would be
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by BrainDamage

That's probably why he passed up the tickets

His voice is pretty good considering (I watched the Sheep video on Youtube)

Quote by bodyheatseeker
ohhh burrrrn!
there is another show at the same place tonight i really wish i could go again but 40 miles away..30 dollar parking..70 dollar tickets.. all adds up
roger waters 9/8/06
the who 9/16/06
eric clapton 10/03/06
the who 12/2/06
Mika 6/13/07
Rush 6/27/07
Roger waters 7/10/07
Elton John 3/??/08
The Who 10/24/08
Iron Maiden 04/02/09
Iron Maiden 07/12/10
Quote by stonegolem13

It sounds really cool, wish i'd been there (in the VIP seats of course )

yeah, i'm on the lawn
Gear
MIM Stratocaster w/ Vintage Noiseless Pickups
VOX Valvetronix AD15
BOSS Blues Driver
VOX V847 Wah
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by FreddieMercury
just got back. i didnt really get into the show too much until they started dark side.
Not even for Sheep?! or Have a Cigar?!
Quote by Thefallofman
Quote by BrainDamage
Not even for Sheep?! or Have a Cigar?!

because brian may wasnt there...
hahaha awsome, my drummer is going to the show Tuesday. he said they shot off a pink elephant at a recent show as well
Quote by get-born
because brian may wasnt there...
Ouch. That hurts
Quote by Thefallofman
Page 1 of 2