im thinknig changing my effects proccesor right now i have a digitech gnx2 but i have a few issues with the pedal

1. there is a delay time when changing patches
2. the noise gate sucks it doesnt have decay control

i want to upgrade to a boss gt-6 but dont know if my problems would be solved when i buy the boss...

the GT-6 have whammy pedal?? does it have something like a switch on the expression pedal to turn on wah (crybaby style) or other effects???
ibanez rg370dx (Crunchlab/Area 58/Liquifire)
ibanez rgr320ex (EMG 81/85)
ibanez grx20 (Super 3/PAF PRO)
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
avatar 2x12 contemporary cab (GK-100's)
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
well first of all you can't buy the gt-6 anymore unless you find it off ebay or something, so you've gotta buy the Boss GT-8. and YES to all your questions. the gt-8 might be a little bit expensive but it's well worth it. What's your budget, amp, guitar and what kinda music do you play?
My Gear:

Ibanez RG450LTDBC
Boss GT-8
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Behringer guitar
Behringer V-Tone GM108 Amp
...and my fingers.

Quote by unfathomable_bo
At a Nile gig when some guy shouted "Egypt is gay!"

^^
right now i'm playing kind of everything, clean sounds, high gain metal, nu metal, a bit of all...

my gear is on my signature

is there a delay time when changing patches??
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1
I haven't played the Boss GT-6 or the GT-8 in awhile, but speaking from experience using different multi-effect pedals, invariably there is going to be some delay when you change patches because the chip that contains all the information about the current patch has to refresh the information about the new patch you want. There might be less latency with a GT-8 than with a GNX2, but there's still going to be some delay there. As long as you're using a multi-effect, you're going to be stuck with that problem for switching patches.
The latency between patch changes in the GT-8 is a non-issue. As far as your amp goes, the Peavy transtube...well...

I have to say that if you're okay with the GNX/transtube combination, then you'll be fine with the GT-8 on the same amp. To me, the tube emulation technology in that amp is like a really bad EQ that you can't turn off. But yes, go for the GT-8...a used GT-6 isn't bad, but a new GT-8 is great.
i have heard that the zoom g7 time delay when changing patches is almost instantly, but for the effects or amps, i would go with the boss
ibanez gsr205 bass
randall rh150 head
boss GT8
ibanez weeping demon wah
line 6 ux1