hey guys,
just wondering wether this is a good guitar compared to the mexican standard
I've tried a load of the 60's(not 70's sorry) ones, and they're nice, better quality than the standards in general, but judge that for yourself.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yeh well im going to try the 70's mainly because the standard doesnt come in olympic white but im sure it will be perfect quality
^I think there's a few '60's ones that come in olympic white, 'coz I've played one (I'm sure it was a 60's classic one, it didn't have the big headstock)
It was a great guitar, looked gorgeous too.
Don't be afraid to care"

hmm ill look into it wat is the sound like? people musn't be a fan of big headstocks i think they look ok depending on the colour
Last edited by striker327 at Sep 7, 2006,
They sounded nice (I played about 3 60's ones, all similar sounding) the neck pickup sounded nice, clear and warm, but the bridge pickup was a bit too trebly and thin sounding for my liking.
Don't be afraid to care"

I had one but I traded it in for a Highway One. They're good guitars, but I like my new Strat better.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Damn, that looks gorgous, have you played it yet?
Don't be afraid to care"

nah but im going to get one looks sweet ey!! i also fell in love with the headstock only with that colour though
Play one a lot before you buy it, just incase you buy it and don't like it.
Don't be afraid to care"

I have the CBS headstock on two of my Strats. Well one Warmoth Strat and a Squier that I bought used back in 86.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
The 70's should be better quality than the standards yes and personally, the CBS headstock is a fetish. There, it really is, nothing is more sexy on a fender strat than the CBS heaadstock. ohhhhh.....
^You're sick
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!