What are some pros and cons about both?

I play some metal, not much. I play blues, some classic rock, Scorpions, Boston, Floyd. Some modern stuff. I like Gary Moore, Jimi, Brian May and Eric Clapton.

How much is the Cube 60?
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
Cube 60:
Pros: Nice high gain metal sound (Metal, R-Fier settings), pretty decent clean (Black Panel setting)
Cons: Doesn't do so well at the mid gain stuff, which I've heard the Vox excells in. I find a lot of the mid gain amp models (Brit Combo, Tweed, Classic) to be a little too muddy for my tastes, especially on my Les Paul.

Edit - In conclusion, I recommend the Vox.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
yep vox it on that one, i can honestly say that the cube is good for a lot of distortion, or a lot of clean, it's kinda one or the other, and it does the 2 very well, but it's not as organic as the vox is imo. the vox has a tube in the power amp section, and although every1 says that these tubes don't do anything, a lot of pretty high up ppl say that that lil tube makes a noticable difference.
Marty
I think the biggest advantage with the Vox is that it claims to be "analog" modeling (changing the circuit path) rather than using digital sound replication.
Hi, I'm Peter
Vox, i have a cube 30 but its a main metal machine, it can handle other stuff but i hear the vox is better for other styles
Quote by Dirk Gently
I think the biggest advantage with the Vox is that it claims to be "analog" modeling (changing the circuit path) rather than using digital sound replication.
Really? I heard the Vox was all digital..
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
Quote by SamDking
Really? I heard the Vox was all digital..

Yep, you're mostly right. The modeling is digital, but then part of the tone shaping is analog, since they send the signal through a tube and a speaker simulator.

It helps when I read the manual
Hi, I'm Peter
Vox.
But I'm gonna recommend you get a Blues Jr and an overdrive pedal, you'll get a much nicer sound, but a lot less versitility.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Ok what is a blue's jr and what would be a good overdrive pedal?
Equipment

• Shecter 006 Deluxe
  • Line 6 Spider II 30
  • Harmony Acoustic
  • Dunlop GCB-95 Wah-Wah Pedal
  • Zoom 707 II

Favorite Guitar Player(s)

• Eric Clapton
  • Brian May
  • Jack White
Pros: Theres 10,954,532,765,854,324,765,457,234,656,233,672,675 threads about them both
Cons: People are biased, and theyll always (mostly) try and get you to believe their opinion is the only right one.

Quote by ch715dallat
Vox, i have a cube 30 but its a main metal machine, it can handle other stuff but i hear the vox is better for other styles

And then you get people like that (no offense to whomever it was) who just jump on a bandwagon and go with whatever he/she hears from the grapevine.
Last edited by kurdtkobaign at Sep 7, 2006,