Ok, so is the american standard basically the best fender you can get for blues for your money?

i take it there is a difference between this and a highway 1 and MIM apart from the "feel"

what would be the next up from a standard USA made Strat?

and how much would it cost in the UK
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
meh MIA is good just upgrade the pickups into something more blues based and make sure your amp sounds great and your pretty much got a blues package
Honestly it doesn't matter. If it's a Fender Strat, it will be good for blues. Different pickups will give you different interpretations of the blues.

You can even get the SRV Strat if you were so inclined.

American Stratocaster + Blues Junior

Last edited by Armored Artist at Sep 7, 2006,
Quote by Dirk Gently
I find the stock pickups on the Mexicasters and the American Series Strats terribly boring.

For the ultimate blues axe, check out www.sdpickups.com.

+1 on that freaking statement
ampity amp amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
oh well then he's cool. maybe a blues screamer, i like lace pickups, texas pickups for a hot sound, or maybe those sd's ur pushing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by jj1565
oh well then he's cool. maybe a blues screamer, i like lace pickups, texas pickups for a hot sound, or maybe those sd's ur pushing.

I still got my original Strat pickguard, so I'm thinking about ordering a set of Stephen Design pups myself when I get some extra cash (and after I'm done sinking $2k into my Jeep...sigh). I've never been happy with my Strat's sound, and I'm kind of sick of the whole super strat thing...kind of want to go back to classic Strat sound, but the stock stuff is far too weak and I'm not as big a fan of pedals as I used to be.
Hi, I'm Peter
it's probably that ur ear is developed, and now unless it's perfect, it sounds like crap to u.

i used to hang with a pro, and he would spend so much time trying to get his tone perfect, that he was cutting into playing time. boring as hell actually.

after a while, you cant play stock equiptment.
i like the SCNs on my MIa, and im pretty happy with my stacked pups in my MIM, but im always looking for a better sound.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Yeah, it's also the curse of being an electric guitar player. "Oh, everything would be perfect if I had [fill in the blank]." Then you get it, your ear gets used to it, then you want something else. I'm a soulless, gear-consuming robot
Hi, I'm Peter
thanks guys, would anyone recommend anything apart from fender?
i have blues junior but might be getting hold of a 65 reverb twin soon, i would prob upgrade to SD's but i seen the like lipstick tube things but i dont actually know the name the guitar in the vid has them i would like to have something dif like that .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxgrnmf0V2g
but i have no idea what they are called or who they are made by, i know the guitar is called charly though, all the important things eh?
" the lick is simply a diminished harmonic minor arpeggiated sequence of dominant stitonics descending down in whole steps in the Phrygian mode...with a raised fourth.
The lipstick tube pickup was first invented by Danelectro. The ones SRV had in his Strat were custom, but I know Seymour Duncan makes a lipstick tube pickup for Strats. Whether you'll get the same sound, I couldn't tell ya. Remember, SRV also had countless amps (including a Dumble) at his disposal. By the way, the SD link I provided isn't Seymour Duncan. The guy does custom wound pickups. Maybe he'd do a set of lipstick tubes for you? Who knows.
Hi, I'm Peter
thanks dude ill look into it further
Quote by Dirk Gently
Yeah, it's also the curse of being an electric guitar player. "Oh, everything would be perfect if I had [fill in the blank]." Then you get it, your ear gets used to it, then you want something else. I'm a soulless, gear-consuming robot

Truer words have never been spoken.

I just want that tone I hear in my head............today
Try Fralin pickups. I may put them in my new Highway One, the Blues ones.

www.fralinpickups.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
The blues is more in the amp than the guitar, you could get a nice MIM Strat with some great pickups, and that'd sound better, and be cheaper than the USA Strat.

Also, LOOK FOR JAPANESE FENDERS!

You heard me.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Also, LOOK FOR JAPANESE FENDERS!

You heard me.

What was that?
Hi, I'm Peter
yeh its just i want my next guitar to last me more than a year, like me les paul, i just got bored and annoyed it didnt have a whammy bar, which is what i wanted at the time but it was xmas, and it really caught my eye at the time and i was caught up but this time i want to take my time about it, i might be able to get an american used for the same price.

i heard old jap squiers are meant to be ashtonishly good is tht what your talking about RHCP
Quote by srvman
yeh its just i want my next guitar to last me more than a year, like me les paul, i just got bored and annoyed it didnt have a whammy bar, which is what i wanted at the time but it was xmas, and it really caught my eye at the time and i was caught up but this time i want to take my time about it, i might be able to get an american used for the same price.

i heard old jap squiers are meant to be ashtonishly good is tht what your talking about RHCP

Japanese Fenders. Jap Squiers are great too, but look for the real Fenders! They're great, look for some of the reissues they're doing, like the '57, '62 or '64, they all look amazing.
Japanese Fenders are generally on par with USA Strat, but cheaper, and they're a hell of a lot prettier.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by Dirk Gently

can we blame you? i dont think. i wish i had tons of gear myself, my friend, so ur not alone
Jackson Dk2M
LTD James Hetfield Truckster
1969 Gibson Les Paul Custom

ZOOM Fire 36
Marhsall Valvestate VS100
Black Box modeling device

Digitech Whammy
Boss Metalzon
Boss SuperChorus
Boss DD3
DunlopCrybaby from Hell
just thought id say i finally got my strat

its an american standard in candy red

i freaking love it