This is the most schitzo thing I've written in a while; not only that but the only halfway-decent writing I've done in some time. Tell me what you think... do people still use these boards? Ha.

-Jacob

Your Character Set The Stage (Part One)

It's probably because there didn't use to be such long gaps between our conversation. We are a month and a half overdue on the rent, and about three months past losing each other to "just assuming you understood what I meant," except, as it turns out, neither of us are mind-readers. That's unfortunate; if we had just learned that trick before we wouldn't be here. But I'll save you for later; I'll put you on the backburner or save you for a rainy day or something.

And what about you? You really are as melancholy as you let on, and I never would have guessed it. So tell me what it was like to just sit there and take it while being smacked around; it's had some adverse effects. My eyes are sore because we've both taken too much, but that doesn't get anything out of you.

It's what it's like, creating a fictional character but to base it on you, now. Someone else. "How was your wedding? I'm glad for you. I'm sorry I never announced that I wouldn't be attending, but your invitation was nearly an insult." Could have been worse though, couldn't it have been? I could have showed up.

That little spark can cross a synapse, and you can make a connection. That was me, right? It was me. I was there, I saw it all, I'm a witness and you're not getting off scott-free.

"I base my reasoning around movie scripts."...

Your Character Set The Stage (Part Two)

...so take a walk down the street. Your bruise pulses hard against your skin; you're in such a mind-f-ck now that you can't even see. The street is a little blurry. It's foggy, too, that much is sure.

You're confused, aren't you?

It's not quite what I mean to say when it comes out, "you're selfish for thinking you're the only one lost in thought, or the only one unsure," because trust me: you're far from.

The bass vibrates against the wooden countertop. It's dark outside. You're dark inside. Silent. Eyes. No one can think of anything to say. A combination of wine and mosquito bites. It's windy outside. There's definitely a storm coming; not these autumn rains that we've been having, but a real summer storm. Not a cleansing one, either, one to cause even more chaos and rubble to clean up. It's best to leave now and beat the storm.
Murderers! You're murderers! (We are not the same as you).
Last edited by monkeyguy629 at Sep 7, 2006,
I think it works well as a short story. Needs more formatting to really be a song, but sounds very cool nonetheless.
Quote by HorridxHopes
I think it works well as a short story. Needs more formatting to really be a song, but sounds very cool nonetheless.

Thanks, um. Definitely wasn't going for a song on this one.
Quote by Something_Vague
bump will get to it tomorrow I promise old friend.

Wuv,
Matt

Uh huh, suuure.