Ive got this Strat body. Where the neck attatches the screwholes are seperated in a square measuring 50.9mm x 30.9mm. On my strat neck the screwholes are seperated in a square measuring 50.9mm x 38.2. My question is does anybody know if fender/squier/warmoth (whoever) make necks to that (50.9mm x 30.9mm) dimension? I think the standard dimensions are 50.9mm x 38.2mm on fenders. If that is so i will have to re drill the holes in the body
You don't have to re-drill the holes in the body, just redrill the holes in the neck. It's simple really, place the neck into the neck pocket, make sure it's pretty much all secure & the scale length is lined with the bridge, then put in as many screws as you can into the neck (usually you can 2 in before you have to drill) & then deal with the rest. Mark where the screws wont go in & drill those holes out. Don't go to deep

Pretty crap explanation but you get the idea

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
what about the neck plate... i cant seem to find one to the correct dimensions anywhere... but there must be one somewhere really???
Is this a real Fender Strat body? Fender screw spacings are 38.10mm x 50.80mm center to center. That's how most of the Fender neck plates are too.

Obviously the holes aren't to Fender specs, so you're going to have to drill into the body unfortunatly, unless by an off chance you find a correct neck plate. I mis-understood the question at first btw, sorry!

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Hmmm, how about using metal and felt washers. Use wide felt and metal washers so you get large surface area coverage and emliminate the need for a neck plate?

Or wouldn't it support the neck enough?
I've seen it done. You could do it. A neckplate is probibly a good idea. Make sure you get large warshers to distrubute as much of the force as possible. Possibly some smaller ones so you can use the screws. like this: screw>small warsher>big warsher>body>neck.

What do ya think?
try sintallin neck feurlles- like on ibanez guitars. i like them alot- easy to play, and if you do it- remeber to cut the tip off the crews - or it will go through the fret board