So i was out today, looking at guitars at lunch...and to my surprise...HOLY ****! The not so good shop that i live by got a bunnnnnch of new gear, like, new everything, now i know its not the best gear, but compared to what he had before it sure is, there was Laney amps, an Epi LP Custom, and like two Epi LP Standards, a SG Custom, and other guitars on the wall. Now, i was looking around, a baboom, i found a nice second hand guitar, im still looking ot buy another guitar to strip the body and paint to my liking, and just have fun with.

Theres a catch, i know nothing about the guitar, this is where you come in, i need your help

Its got a blue body, no pickguard, H/S/H config, standard strat style trem, thin ass 22 fret bolt on neck, and its a Yamaha, thats all i know, but it seemed like a really really good guitar, i tried it unplugged, and it was like butter, i could reach the upper frets just as easily as on my Epi

So does anyone know what model it is?...the specs of it? hes asking $250 CAD second hand, but im going ot try to lower him to 225 or 200? But it seems liked a really good guitar

Thanks if you can give me any help

OH YEAH, it had a VERY VERY Ibanez RG style body, from behind i actuallly thought that it was an Ibanez, but its a Yamaha, i think its pretty old too, can anyone help?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

i think it's a pacifica, which has an agathis body, i think...

try stuff out on some amps, as well
I doubt its a pacifica though, the horns are really sharp, the neck is really thin, he had a pacifica there, and these looked nothing alike, the pacifica was like...a strat copy, the guitar i played was like an Ibanez copy, i dont know, it could be agathis, its got black hardware too, incase that matters. Also, on pacifica's it says the model, i dont remember this saying much else but Yamaha, but i could be mistaken
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

this gutiar seemed like it would be perfect for metal/shred and ****, i wanted to buy it, but i need to know alot more about it first
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

AYE i think thats it, the edges seemed a bit sharper though, but it could just be the picture. Does anyone know anything about this guitar?...good/bad?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

A little Yamaha shop near me has RGX121 (standard trem), 421 and 521 (LFRs). All are (I'm quite certain) made in Taiwan, but they don't have a bad feel. They only have a buzzbox practice amp in there, so I didn't try any plugged in.

People say they're good, but it's hearsay, so... Taiwan tends to put me off.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Yeah i checked the site right after i saw that, i doubt i will be buying it, just becus ei dont have 250 bucks right now, but it seems pretty sweet, i would play it plugged in obviously, but if it has a ****ty wood body and all that then i wont bother
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn

These Yamahas aren't bad (they had a bunch of them at my old college) but I found the pickups weren't the greatest. I found they were fine for metal and 80s stuff but were useless for blues. The necks are nice on them though.