these guys are my fav band...but what genre would they fall into...they cant be metalcore...the singer screams..sings and does heavy vocals...they are all amazingly talented...any ideas what genre u would classifie them by???
Quote by jett12
hammett owns ur hardcore douchebag band

Wow.

Anyway, yea I would say they're metalcore.
Great band, but yeah, they're Metalcore.

Check out Those Who Cannot Speak, that's their best song.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
i love hammett i acidently messed up my title...and no shadows fall is not ****ing metalcore...they are actually described as "death metal on melody pills'...and they are one of the big six of the New American Wave of Heavy METAL...along with lamb of god and god forbid...
Uh yeah, they're metalcore. So is LoG.

Just because they're metalcore doesn't mean they're a bad band though...
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
but whatever its not going to make a diffrence i still like them...and whats wrong with hard core???...hammett is my fav guitarist...i ****ed up the title anyone know how to change it???
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Uh yeah, they're metalcore. So is LoG.

Just because they're metalcore doesn't mean they're a bad band though...

I agree. Most people who listen to only metal go

"What do you listen too?"

"Ehh, Log, Metallica, Children of Bodom, Aerosmith, th-"

"LAMB OF GOD?!?! METALCORE SUCKS YOU FAGGOT!"
^Yeah I know, that's something I hate about the metal forum.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by Gregray88
but whatever its not going to make a diffrence i still like them...and whats wrong with hard core???...hammett is my fav guitarist...i ****ed up the title anyone know how to change it???

Nothing is wrong with metalcore/hardcore, some metal nazis will hate on you because you like it, but they're opinion shouldn't matter.

To change your title, click My Account at the top of the screen. Then go to My PM's and then Edit Profile.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
^yea there are alot of faggots in UG... i love metallica,slayer,pantera,TRIVIUM,LOG,AND SHADOWS FALL, dying fetus,dethklok(best cartoon), and i will get bashed for all the metalcore bands i listed....boooooo
Quote by ibaRGnez321
Nothing is wrong with metalcore/hardcore, some metal nazis will hate on you because you like it, but they're opinion shouldn't matter.

To change your title, click My Account at the top of the screen. Then go to My PM's and then Edit Profile.

thanks man..thanks alot...finally...
Quote by jett12

On this website they are classed as metalcore, and go in the hardcore forum.

I like them a lot too, though i haven't listened to them in a while.

Quote by Gregray88
^yea there are alot of faggots in UG... i love metallica,slayer,pantera,TRIVIUM,LOG,AND SHADOWS FALL, dying fetus,dethklok(best cartoon), and i will get bashed for all the metalcore bands i listed....boooooo

Some people get bashed because they don't read the sticky at the top of the metal forum explaining that certain bands don't belong in the that forum. Everyone gets tired of "A7X rox my sox" every two minutes.
Talk to Erowid

Quote by dead-fish

Tell me when thy band shall return to mark a schedueled performance on my nearest venue's door!
Quoth teh Loomis, "Nevermore".

Member #9 of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join.
Last edited by Jakeylee111 at Sep 7, 2006,
No problem.

Check out the bands In Flames and All That Remains. And if you like Melodic Death Metal, check out At the Gates.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
i like trivium and they are metalcore, i cant stand log tho, every song sounds the same, CoB and In Flames are the best tho.
Quote by jett12
CoB and In Flames are the best tho.

Children of Bodom is Metal.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Quote by ibaRGnez321

Ha, agreed. Listening to them now too.
ya i know they are metal...i guess i should of specified, i ment cob and in flames are metal
yea there metal core.... but i hate how everybody is all like "metalcore is gay" and stuff... although im not a huge fan of it.... its not terrible
One Percent
Quote by ibaRGnez321

lol so is In Flames.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
^Yeah that's what I thought.

I wasn't sure though, so I didn't post anything about it.
Quote by tronsbasscool

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
I've got no problem with Metalcore, but I think Shadows Fall is Metal, at least most of their songs are. Call me what you will, but their genre is "Melodic Death Metal"
Quote by jett12

I own you and your shitty spelling and grammar.