Page 1 of 5
Good evening ladies and men,

Post what you think is the lamest guitar accessory ever. Please don't say "threadstarter".

Here are my un-choices:

The Dunlop Stylus Pick

It's got a big blob on one end and it's supposed to help you learn to pick fast. Greeeeeat.

The Levy Pin Fringe
Couldn't find a picture, but it's this leather thing with a chain that you hang on your tuning pegs. The chain flaps about, hitting your guitar, your hand, and your bassist and singer.

The wierdest thing is, people put huge ammounts of time and money to design and manufacture this stuff.

What do you think is useless?
Usless? umm, wait..let me start with this-

1. BASS GytA(NARCHY!! LOLZORZ)R IS TOteli UslEs...IMO!!!!!!!!

2. I Can agree on that Levy Pin Fringe thingy..
...And The Nominees Are
Don't kill me for this....

Vibrato.

You know that you were given fingers for a reason?

Use them.
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
Yeah, string winders. They suck.

That reminds me: I think it was Planet Waves who had a special String Stretching groove built into one of their winders. Won't make ME pay an extra 20 bucks for it.
id have to say the thin pick.

Id say .60mm would be the minimum.
I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Quote by mattfm
Don't kill me for this....

Vibrato.

You know that you were given fingers for a reason?

Use them.
what about lowering tension? or are you talking some effect pedal thing?
Quote by dazzler16

but really I cant see a point in string winders its not that hard to do by hand

yea but it's even easier to do it with a string winder
Quote by Slash Jr.
Forgive me for asking this but what is a dirty sanchez??

Quote by Teh_Guitarer
bahahahahahahahaha nice find ForbiddenDonut. you're my man...
Quote by ForbiddenDonut
yea but it's even easier to do it with a string winder

but its not hard to begin with so I think they are stupid and not worth what they cost so I don't even use it

bbut that is just one mans opinion
The Stylus pick isn't useless.. it helps promote the correct picking motion and helps experiment and possibly improve the grip you want to use with a reference to how much of the pick should be protruding, which leads to a tension free arm and potentially a solid picking technique. It's far from useless.

It is greeeeat.
Quote by dazzler16
but its not hard to begin with so I think they are stupid and not worth what they cost so I don't even use it

Well then theres those of us who wind almost the entire string onto the post, so the winders help.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by Johnljones7443
The Stylus pick isn't useless.. it helps promote the correct picking motion and helps experiment and possibly improve the grip you want to use with a reference to how much of the pick should be protruding, which leads to a tension free arm and potentially a solid picking technique. It's far from useless.

It is greeeeat.

It's useless without the Free book for 15 dollars, which I didn't get.

How is a fat blob on the end of a hexagonal piece of nylon (?) gonna help you pick faster?
I just explained... the book is useless, and just a thing they throw in to call it a 'package'.

But anyway.. the less resistance there is on the string, the less energy it's going to take to pick that string. The less energy it takes to pick that string, the less time it's going to take that string. The less time it takes to pick that string, the faster you can pick it in succession.

That's what the blob is for, as soon as you dig down (i.e - use the incorrect picking motion) the pick stops in its tracks and you try again. When you're using the correct motion (i.e - staying in the plane of the strings) the less resistance you have on the pick.

Then all that compromises your arm and wrist muscles letting you pick with less energy & tension and helps you to optimize your picking technique by always practicing it correctly. Because if you don't, the pick is going to stop.

I love it, anyway.
Quote by Johnljones7443
I just explained... the book is useless, and just a thing they throw in to call it a 'package'.

But anyway.. the less resistance there is on the string, the less energy it's going to take to pick that string. The less energy it takes to pick that string, the less time it's going to take that string. The less time it takes to pick that string, the faster you can pick it in succession.

That's what the blob is for, as soon as you dig down (i.e - use the incorrect picking motion) the pick stops in its tracks and you try again. When you're using the correct motion (i.e - staying in the plane of the strings) the less resistance you have on the pick.

Then all that compromises your arm and wrist muscles letting you pick with less energy & tension and helps you to optimize your picking technique by always practicing it correctly. Because if you don't, the pick is going to stop.

I love it, anyway.

Hmm...

But the shape of the blob looks like it guides you to the middle of the pick, and other other part of the blob is really 'steep', which is wierd. It doesn't track you, it just acts like a 5mm pick.
flanger seems pretty useless to me...
I'm breathing so I guess I'm still alive.

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
get new friends. i dont associate with Fall Out Boy fans. they deserve cancer and humiliation. like ass cancer.
Those DVDs to teach you guitar. Best way is to teach yourself.
Co-Founder of the Puttsecks Group

Listen to my Lux Aeterna remix and other random songs! Comments?

Quote by ShelbyLynn
vicd08, your avatar is suckin up my life, and stealing my thoughts...

Quote by HanPlaysBass
I just want to say that your avatar is simply the best thing in creation.
Quote by vicd08
Those DVDs to teach you guitar. Best way is to teach yourself.

That's not true. You don't know guitar in the first place, so teaching yourself is like Ashlee Simpson teaching herself to not lipsync. Your a ****ty teacher, so you're going to be a ****ty student.

Just thought I'd clear that up.
Quote by Adrock1795
When you take a crap do you clean your ass siting down or standing?
Quote by Garret.
upside down
Quote by x_thurston_x
You're working for the government aren't you?
Quote by SkyValley
I don't have an ass.

Quote by RyanInChains9
flanger seems pretty useless to me...
it's a nice, ambient effect. but not worth that damn $220!
Uhhhhh....static electric pickguards?
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
Quote by dazzler16

i got mine for like $4, and i'm damn glad i did. saves a good 2 or 3 minutes per string.
Quote by ~AdNy
i got mine for like $4, and i'm damn glad i did. saves a good 2 or 3 minutes per string.

If saving time is a priority, hook an electric mixer, or a drill chuck to the pegs and be done with it.
Correct me if I'm wrong; mind over matter works for me. If I don't mind; it don't matter.
Page 1 of 5