Page 1 of 3
Give it up to one of the asskicking Thrash bands that havn't gone soft in the 00s! Tempo of the Damned and Shovel Headed Kill Machine just own IMO. Their older stuff was awesome too, but I don't know much of it to make a strong a opinion. Anyone else?
Holt is awsome, one of the most underrated players in the business..
I like their early stuff and their latest stuff, Shovel Headed Kill Machine is easily my favorite modern thrash release. I didn't really like their old vocalist (from what I've heard) but I really like the new one. As a side note, shouldn't this go in the only thrash thread?
Quote by Clownmite
I like their early stuff and their latest stuff, Shovel Headed Kill Machine is easily my favorite modern thrash release. I didn't really like their old vocalist (from what I've heard) but I really like the new one. As a side note, shouldn't this go in the only thrash thread?

That thread is closed.

Steve Souza owns, he needs to come back to Exodus. Not that the current singer is bad, but Souza is just a great vocalist.
What happened to the thrash thread?

Exodus are great. Bonded by Bloooooooooooooooood
I shall check them out.

*Hunts MySpace for a bandpage*

Whoah, Bonded by Blood is amazing. Sounds like something from Kill 'em All....kinda.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
i love exodus, but im not too big on their new singer, hes alright, but..... meh

either way, great ****ing band
Quote by Tsunekuni
Steve Souza owns, he needs to come back to Exodus. Not that the current singer is bad, but Souza is just a great vocalist.

I had a theology teacher who sounded just like their old singer, so every time I hear stuff with Steve Souza it brings back bad memories... and for some reason I always get the image of a weasel in my head whenever I hear him.
Souza is a bad ass vocalist, it sucks he's not in exodus anymore

His vocals with Testament on First strike still deadly were ****ing ace, especially 'alone in the dark'.
One of my fav bands. Their newer stuff is ****ing awesome, but I still like Bonded by blood the best.
I love exodus
Member#8 of the John Frusciante and Red Hot Chilli Peppers UG fanclub. PM IpodInaBottle to join
Bonded by Blood is amongst one of the greatest thrash releases ever IMO.

Shovel headed kill machine kicks ass too.
Quote by Rakoro
Souza is a bad ass vocalist, it sucks he's not in exodus anymore

His vocals with Testament on First strike still deadly were ****ing ace, especially 'alone in the dark'.

Hold on... he did First Strike Still Deadly? I like the vocals a lot on that album.... who else am I thinking of then? There was one guy in Exodus I really didn't like, I was under the impression he did all of Exodus's albums except their new one. Which albums did Souza do for Exodus?
What happened to Rick Hunolt? Did he have a meth addiction?
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Quote by Impaler
One of my fav bands. Their newer stuff is ****ing awesome, but I still like Bonded by blood the best.

*looks at username* I can tell.
Quote by Clownmite
Hold on... he did First Strike Still Deadly? I like the vocals a lot on that album.... who else am I thinking of then? There was one guy in Exodus I really didn't like, I was under the impression he did all of Exodus's albums except their new one. Which albums did Souza do for Exodus?

He did vocals on 'alone in the dark' and 'reign of terror' only, everything else was done by testament's chuck billy (also an awesome singer)

and for what albums he did, this is from wiki:

"He is most well know for his time in Exodus, for whom he sang between 1986 and 1992 after being brought in to replace Paul Baloff. He later rejoined the reformed Exodus for 2004's Tempo of the Damned, again replacing Baloff (but this time under more tragic circumstances) but abruptly quit during the subsequent tour."
Quote by SGRocker0791
*looks at username* I can tell.
lol. When I made the user name, Tempo of the Damned was all I was listening to.
I know alot of people didn't like the newer stuf because it's modern or post thrash or whatever but I really liked it, Raze is one badass song \m/
Quote by NileFTW
Holt is awsome, one of the most underrated players in the business..

**** yeah that dude can shred
kill em all
"murder in the front row
crowd begins to bang
and there's blood upon the stage
bang you head against the stage
and metal takes its price
bonded by blood"

Bonded by Blood is a great album, as are most of thier albums... RIP Paul Baloff
Ergh. I can't say I like the new one either. Bonded by Blood is by far my favorite compared to Fabulous Disaster and Impact is Imminent.
haven't heard 21st Century Killing Machine yet, but I doubt they will ever be able to put out another bonded by blood. weird ass cover, btw.
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
Morsch sind Baum und Pfad
Die Sonne graut dem Morgen
mir ist kalt...
Exodus slay. Period.

Toxic Waltz!!

Bonded By Blood was one of those albums I just bought cause I'd heard real good things about Exodus back in the day without having heard any of their tunes, haven't regretted buying any Exodus release either.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Quote by Clownmite

I know that Souza used to sing for Testament, but left in '87 (I think) and was replaced by Chuck Billy.
i have shovel headed killing machine and i like it, what other good albums do they have (havent listened to old singer, but i like the new one)
Quote by Alexander_BR
i have shovel headed killing machine and i like it, what other good albums do they have (havent listened to old singer, but i like the new one)

Tempo of the Damned is killer. I personally like it more then SHKM.
Shroud of Urine is one of my favorite songs of all time. \m/
Quote by sicformyage

me:you like acdc
them:yea i do
me:cool, whats your favorite song,other than back in black
them:i gotta go...

Quote by jordanzio
i love hilary duff and will eventually marry her... she does not know this currently...

I like older exodus. The newer stuff is ok but not the greatest. On a pretty cool sidenote Steve Souza's son is in my guitar class.
frog_friend and WGP: UG's Kramer brotherhood

Ug's 4th ENGL endorser
Randy Rhoads is god
founder of the "ENGL amps" fanclub. PM me to join
Quote by xxgenocide98xx
Old exodus kick ass.

New exodus is absolutely terrible.

Wrong . All Exodus kicks ass.

Older stuff is better tho. Piranha is easily one of my favourite songs.
Quote by Jerkoffkid
What happened to Rick Hunolt? Did he have a meth addiction?

He's still a junky. The song 'Deathamphetamine' is about the addition of (ex-)members of Exodus. He's been replaced by Lee Altus (ex-Heathen)
The Haunted fan club #1 (PM me to join)
Amon Amarth fan club #3
Member #3 of the METAL MISSIONARIES club
Member #8 of the anti CoF club
#10 MEMBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB
Good band but don't listen to them anymore

Find them quite boring at the moment, don't know why

*tries to listen.......fails*
Quote by MaAal_MaAan
i don't see any reason not to. Although, when i was little, i had a bad experience and pissed all over my feet, i've since improved my aim dramatically and always get in the hole.

Last.FM
I'm going to go see them play in a Bar, with BIO-FUCKING-MECHANICAL as support.

That show is going to be one of the most shibby events EVAR.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Page 1 of 3