i didnt know what forum to put this under, so i figured this had the most people that could help. So my band's drummer's kit is just way to loud help!!!!!!!!
yeah i was gonna say the same thing as sashki.

try with him using those pads that silence the drums a bit.

or wear headphones
Quote by Mad Marius
No, I saw them on that documentary, Jurassic Park. They walked around and ate electric fences and people.
or he shouldn't punish his kit too hard so it's not that loud
or turn up your amp
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
Tell your drummer to get some dampeners they will soften the sound of the drum kit.
Quote by Kendawg4TooL
You know you're a bassist when you think a guitar is just some freaky type of short scale, six string bass.

This is The Central Scrutinizer......
i dont get what u mean?

is it too loud for ur ears?

if so wear earplugs

or is it overpowering the rest of the band?

if so turn ur amp up
Quote by R_H_C_P
You're joking right?

It's like comparing sex to sticking your penis in a blender.

well its not really a problem when we gig cause we turn every thing up, but when we practice we cant have it to loud cause we get complants, but my drummer is too lazy to buy anything, so is there lik a household item i could use to dampen his kit?
My old school used to put towels over the skins... quietened the sound. It'll look stupid, but try that out.
If your recording you should, as a general rule, have your head phones on so you can hear exactly what your playing. Then when it comes to the mix drop the dB of the drums and bring up the guitars, bass and vocals.
If your just practising, then all the above comments are valid. Dampening pads on the drums are good and aren't that expensive, and that way you can talk to each other without having to take off your headphones every time!
Or you could get your drummer to use cheese strings instead of sticks
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
my drummer is too lazy to buy anything

Get a new drummer that isn't stingy!
he could put a blanket in the bass drum, that'd help.

and bandleading would be the best forum for this
Quote by xGuitarGodx99
what about cymbals

Duct tape
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
if you get complaints from having the amps too loud i dont' get why you dont' get complaints about the drums if they are overpowering the amps....

i just blast my amp over the drums and wear earplugs, people walking by seem to dig it, haha.
I was going to say crank it up lol but thats oviously a no go lol
Try blankets in the bass drum, duct tap on the symbals and a sheet covering the drums
Get a bigger amp.

edit: Oh, tell the drummer to buy dampners for his kit. If he won't buy them, you can either buy them yourself, or threaten to boot him from the band.
- FJ

Quote by Landover Baptist Church
If you find [balloons in his bedroom], it is a sign that Satan may have taken your child by the hand and skipped off together to see the movie, Up without your knowledge.

Quote by zekk
Duct tape

The guitarist's solution to everything.
Lyrics, just breaks between killer solos.
drumkits are loud, learn to live with it. If its drowning out your guitar get a louder amp, if you've already got a somewhat powerful combo, take it off the floor.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Try one of those plexiglass divider type things that i can't think of the name of. A sound sheild I think. They are not made for that, but I've heard them used, and it made some what of a difference.
Last edited by El Codyo at Sep 7, 2006,