ok so i really want to buy the Schecter Hellraiser C1, and it has EMG's.
Im pretty sure i read somewhere that EMG's wont sound good on crappy amps

Well i have an Ibanez Tone Blaster 50 Watt, and im wondering would it sound
good, that guitar and my amp?
please let me know because im interested in getting a deal for the guitar in the next 2 days so please let me know

thanks
I have a lp with emgs.sounded ok on my fender frontman 15,When clean.Distoriton....well it was better than running my singe coil strat through it.I also have a peavy rage 158 and it sounds great distorted and clean.
Founder of the
UG FORMULA ONE CLUB

My gear:
-Squeir affinty strat
-Epiphone joe perry boneyard les paul
-Squier champ 15
-cheap second-hand johnson acoustic
-Peavy rage 158
-Zoom gfx505II
-zoom expression pedal
I should sound ok. On clean it's gonna have alot of gain, just because that's the type of pickups they are and on that amp you won't be able to control it alot. But yeah, I'd go ahead and get the guitar, because once you get a good amp it'll sound great.
My rig:
Brian Moore i21 w/emg 81 and 85 installed
Peavey XXX Head
Marshall 1960A Cabinet

Pedalboard:
Ernie Ball VP JR VP
Line6 DL4
Boss DD3
Boss TU2
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Phase 90
Quote by detailsoniceman
I should sound ok. On clean it's gonna have alot of gain, just because that's the type of pickups they are and on that amp you won't be able to control it alot. But yeah, I'd go ahead and get the guitar, because once you get a good amp it'll sound great.

They don't distort the clean, just make it a little louder.
That's crap that EMGs sounds ****ty thru cheap amps. If you like the EMG sound, then they will improve your tone regardless what amp you have. Yeah, they'll sound better on a tube amp, but then agian, what doesn't?
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
yeah man, EMG's will do fine on a solid state. it wont be the greatest tone, but itll work, but defentally get the guitar, cause once you upgrade to a tube amp, youll love your tone!
EMG's are fine, sure they sound better on tube amps but what pickups don't? I'll tell you yesterday i was playing another guys practice rig, it was an LTD M-200 with HZ's through an MG, and u know what, for practice (and nothign more) it nailed metallica and maiden sounds. So if it's just a practice rig any amp'll do, if you're raising the volume or becoming more serious, worry about it then. (for the record i also played through a powerball so i know the difference).
Marty
Quote by Crunchmeister
That's crap that EMGs sounds ****ty thru cheap amps. If you like the EMG sound, then they will improve your tone regardless what amp you have. Yeah, they'll sound better on a tube amp, but then agian, what doesn't?

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
of course, unless your current guitar is rubbish, you might want to put some of the money for the hellraiser towards a better amp... (i can't edit or my comp will crash)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I have a solid state amp and the emgs made it go to its full potential...well in a solid state...So yeah overall the tone gets alot better but the difference is much greater when a good amp is used.
Rig

Electra poser Les Paul Fitted with EMGs
MT-2 Metal Zone (Gave away to a friend)
Peavey Bandit 65 SS Combo Amp (Gave away to a friend)
Peavey 5150 212 Combo Amp
It like this

Medium High Quality Passive Pup --> SS Amps --> Nice Soundin'
EMGs --> SS Amps --> Acceptable but isn't as nice......
Medium High Quality Passive Pup --> Tube --> Kick Ass !!
EMGs --> Tube --> Kick your nuts and rip'em off !!!

Keep in mind that when I say EMG, i mean the active ones (81,85,89,60 etc)
Tone is all ...... well probably 75%, in your fingers.
The rest depends on your wallet's thickness !!

Keep the faith, baby!!