ive been playing now for about 6 months, and though thats not really that long im already in a band cos i do the vocals, and also now play rythm guitar.
anyway at the moment im absolutely drooling over bc rich warlocks, ive LOVED that look for ages purely cos of slipknot videos, and i can get a 2nd hand nj series one for £300. the problem is a dunno wether this really is suitable for me, i know they are all equipped with jumbo frets and ive heard they are a bit tricky to get used to, otherwise i am in love with that shape, so the only controversy is over if its a good 'beginners' guitar really. so are they managable for the rookie?

cheerz for any help
Ok so you love the looks but do you really love the sound?
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
they should be fine, but the tone on a BC rich isnt amazing, check you liek it. DONT JUDGE BY HOW SLIPKNOT SOUND! I think micks (think thats his name) BC rich is custom
BC Rich is ****. They're ALL looks unless you get a Mockingbird...If you were to buy it you would need to give it some serious modding to make it sound good. Even you don't deserve that...No matter if you're a noob.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
I hope you know that Mick isnt with B.C Rich anymore because he hated the guitars so much. Maybe you should check out Ibanez, thats what he plays now. Plus they are amazing guitars. Or are you going solely on the look?
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez IJS40
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke GH 412a Cab
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Boss Chromatic Tuner
Boss Noise Suppressor
I can see why hes doing it, basically at this far in he hasn't much of an idea on tone, its exactly what i wanted when i was 6 months into playing. Half a year later i bought a maverick and never picked upa BC rich since. Maybe a dean is a better bet for a metal guitar?
Deans are gonna run him a lot for his money though...They aren't cheap.

Looking in $300-600, Schecter or Ibanez would be good for you.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
Ibanez FTW
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Deans are gonna run him a lot for his money though...They aren't cheap.

Looking in $300-600, Schecter or Ibanez would be good for you.

But hes from england $600 dollars is about 400 pounds.
Quote by ChildrenOfRuin
I hope you know that Mick isnt with B.C Rich anymore because he hated the guitars so much. Maybe you should check out Ibanez, thats what he plays now. Plus they are amazing guitars. Or are you going solely on the look?

Got unadulterated proof that this is the correct reason? Or are you deliberately fabricating this becuase it agrees with your own personal predjudice?

Alot of references say he stopped endorsing B.C. Rich becuase of a dispute between how they marketed his Signature guitar.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Look at Jackson Warriors or RRs. The body shapes are to die for, and the tone's far superior to a low/mid end BC
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
+1 for Jacksons, they're shapes are more professional and sound hell a lot better
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by Bazilisck311
Got unadulterated proof that this is the correct reason? Or are you deliberately fabricating this becuase it agrees with your own personal predjudice?

Alot of references say he stopped endorsing B.C. Rich becuase of a dispute between how they marketed his Signature guitar.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1UIvab-AMI listen to the first comments he makes..
but the thing is, he has the money to get amazing guitars so to him my guitars are probably average at best.
Quote by gaudymob
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1UIvab-AMI listen to the first comments he makes..

Can't access YouTube from my office - can you post a small transcript of the appropriate line?
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
ehh
BC riches are debateable
I bought a bronze warlock used for my first guitar, it wasnt al that much, about 125.
i though it was the coolest thing ever.
until i started seeing/hearing other guitars.
i realized that the guitar i had sounds like ****
so i promptly dumped it for an ibanez RG120.
Bronze Warlocks run new about $300.
The RG120 retails for about, $200-$250 (although i got mine for $120 as it was a factory second)
The RG sounds way better than The warlock.
So, in short. if you reallly want a Warlock, you're going to have to shell out serious cash to get one that sounds as great as it may loook.