Page 1 of 2
OK! I am now in charge of Top Dog. I plan on updating this daily if i can, and hopefully improving it and helping you guys as much as I can.

The Rules

There will be one backing track in each of four genres: Shred, Metal, Blues, and Rock. Whoever is interested in competing in a particular genre, just say so and your namewill be posted below. All you have to do is record yourself soloing over the backing
track and post it in the Top Dog Submission Thread when you have completed. For whoever the first two people are in a genre I'll create a challenge thread where people can vote and critique. Whoever recieves the most votes in a 1 day period becomes Top Dog. Once the top dog for each genre is decided, ANYONE, even if you've already been eliminated by someone can challenge them, and I'll create a new challenge thread. If that person wins they become the new top dog, and so on.

New Stuff

The defender cannot renew his submission. So lets say im Top Dog with my recording "Blues Riffing 1", and i become top dog while its up, i cant change it while im top dog. ill explain more as this competition progresses.

To voters, if you want to hear someones submission, find it in the submission thread.

Adam

Blues-Backing Track 1 Backing Track 2
Current Top Dog:Meh!-Submission

Challengers-In Order

CustomCustom-Awaiting
sheratonplyr369-Submission in
ThePartyBoy-Submission in
iMaiden-Awaiting

Current Battle:Meh! Vs. ?????

Rock-Backing Track 1

Current Top Dog:

Current Battle:gtrfrk123/Coipu

Challengers-In Order

gtrfrk123-Awaiting
Coipu-Submission in

Shred
-Backing Track 1

Current Top Dog:

Challengers-In Order

Tom Martin-Submission in

Metal-BT Here

Current Top Dog:

Challengers-In Order

Digitalis-Awaiting

HAVE FUN!
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
another one bites the dust has a pretty cool bass line
Last edited by adammarshall409 at Sep 20, 2006,
Sure, sign me up for the Shred one. I'll just go see what I can cook up. Just out of interest, do you want me to solo over the whole backing track, or just where the solo would be in the song Raining Blood?
No. you can do whatever you want. it doesnt even have to sound like that song. you can use just part of the song, but your submission must be at least 1 minute long.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318
my grandma is dying and my mum wants me to play something on bass for her, any body got any suggestions?!

Quote by splinter26
i'll do rock
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
ya im looking for a metal BT. if you guys post a link, ill consider it. it would be a big help.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Well this thread bombed. Never mind, PM next time you decide to start one and I'll gladly join in
I'm up for blues again
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
wow, what happened to top dog II ? Sign me up for blues

edit: does that mean i win top dog II for blues b/c i was top dog when it ended?
Last edited by AlpineHigh at Sep 14, 2006,
Quote by AlpineHigh
wow, what happened to top dog II ? Sign me up for blues

edit: does that mean i win top dog II for blues b/c i was top dog when it ended?

I assume so.

I should say.

I don't ahve an amp at the omment, it sohuld get fixed soon. But if I don't post one, that's why.
FIRST BATTLE

coipu Vs. gtrfrk123

Remember, the battle starts in a new thread. voting will end 24 hours after the second song is submitted. please hurry up

Post your song in the submission thread AND the battle thread. not here though.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Last edited by adammarshall409 at Sep 14, 2006,
i guess you could sign me up for blues. What happened to top dog II though? btw, if other people want to go before me I'm fine with that since I already did top dog II
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Do black people attract more dust too?
ok i changed the rules a tiny bit.

24 hour voting time.

no more default top dog. ie no top dog until at least one battle has ended.

metal bt is up. not too great......if anyone has something better, post it.

Meh!, if you dont submit soon, you will be bumped down to the end of the list because i think the other two guys are ready.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Last edited by adammarshall409 at Sep 14, 2006,
Emm, ok. Can it wait till tommorw? everyone is asleep now.

There will be no distortion though, ah well
lol ya man no problem. i didnt mean that soon. just like a couple days. if you wanna send me a raw track ill throw it through amplitube or guitar 2 for ya.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
I will record something tomorrow, kids are asleep now, that's as quick as I can be
alright, I should have something by later on tonight
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
^nice blues track custom, but I thought you had to use one of the provided backing tracks?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
ya man you have to use the backing tracks above and be signed up please before you post. also, do not post links in here. ill sign you up, but youll have to make new submissions.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Alright my submission should be up on my dmusic page (check my sig) under singles.
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
Please follow the rules guys. post it on the submission page and tell us here when its up, nice job btw.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
sorry about that, I posted it in the right thread
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
My song is in the submission threa dby the way...
sooo...are we going to get the blues battle up or what?
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
first blues battle is up. Good Luck! you have til monday as soon as i can close it.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
First Top Dog....

Blues-Meh!

Congratulations.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
I'll sign up for blues.... last I remember it was gonna be me vs Alpinehigh... I doin't know though that was like 2 months ago
Originally posted by bobjewell87:
what the hells an emo song?
I cna change my song before next battle right?
Actually NVM I guess meh is the top dog... I haven't been here in a while since the old thread died.
partyboy i will sign you up now.

Meh! NO! thats one of my personaly favourite new rules the top dog must stand by his original winning recording until it is knocked down. that way, the person knows what they are up against. you can change it as soon as youre knocked out.

ALSO

please alert me if your submission URL changes becasue id like to have it on the first post beside your name. ****. i just realized that some of the links i made are direct, so im going to have to change them all the time. nvm. from now on, if you want to hear someones song, youre just going to have to go to the submission page and find it.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Ah, cool thread, once the battle of the blues is over, id like to sign up for it as well
Oh FFS get another rock backing track already, that God damned ballad sucks...
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by adammarshall409
partyboy i will sign you up now.

Meh! NO! thats one of my personaly favourite new rules the top dog must stand by his original winning recording until it is knocked down. that way, the person knows what they are up against. you can change it as soon as youre knocked out.

haha, ah well.
Alright, so I need to play over the current blues backing?
i've got a ****load of school work this semester (18 credits) and i don't think im going to be able to put a consistent effort into this whole thing. so count me out this time.. haha maybe i'll be able to do it if its still around this summer
ok alpine high ill take you out. partyboy, please pay attention more. post your links in the submission thread only.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Ok so how do we get new BTs? Because if you win, then you have to keep the same submission. So that means that we have to use the same two BTs.....
ya thats right. you can use a new BT when i post one. if you have one youd like to see used, post a link here and ill consider it.

Adam
Quote by ollie_12318

Quote by splinter26
Page 1 of 2