I read earlier about tuning it to concert pitch and I was curious what that was.

Also, on another note, I just learned Dee off of the Blizzard of Oz cd and I was wondering how hard people though that was.
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
tehcnically concert pitch is considered A 440, which relates to the middle A on a piano... which is standard A tuning , but tuning to normal EADGBE is guitar concert pitch
gotcha, thanks
Quote by flyingjew34
Practice Practice Practice man. You can't get better at anything without practice. Oh, and mustard too.

I play like I'm breaking out of jail.

--Stevie Ray Vaughan
concert pitch is the a note as it sounds on a piano.
Example, a clairnet is a Bb horn, that means it's C sounds the same as a piano's Bb. so basicaly, a concert pitch is a note on a piano, or properly tuned guitar/ bass
z4twenny is half right. If A is 440hz and the rest of your notes are tuned relitive to A 440hz then that is concert pitch.

Concert pitch has nothing to do with the notes you tune your guitar to. You could tune every note on your guitar to E and your guitar could still be in concert pitch. If you tune your guitar to standard tuneing (EADGBE) but you are sharp by 3 cents (443hz) then you are no longer in concert pitch. Old pianos will often be tuned several cents high or low because concert pitch has changed over the years.
Not taking any online orders.