OK, here's the story. I've been using the same Stagg Stratocaster for about 2 years. And i love it, i feel comfortable playing it. but i've reciently been thinking of buying a new Fender Stratocaster. However, as we all know, these are not cheap at all. How would I go about upgrading my original Stagg Strat, not into a fender stratocaster, but like one. For example, i was thinking of replacing my neck with a new fender one and getting 3 new pick-ups wirred into it. I'm also going to get a new left-handed bridge put on my right-handed guitar, feels better.

Would you think this is a good way to go about this, or should i just buy a brand new guitar? Also, roughly how much would this costs at an estimate (I'm in the UK btw)

Thanks very much guys
currently playing a Stratocaster
Amp - small 15watt thing, getting 150 watt soon

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Well It would be easier to buy a new strat, but If you really want to upgrade try This site

Or This site
Last edited by Spade1 at Sep 7, 2006,
Is it possible to buy new stratocaster necks with fender written on it as it normally would on a fender Strat?

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Quote by Gas Meter
Is it possible to buy new stratocaster necks with fender written on it as it normally would on a fender Strat?

U might be able to find one on ebay or on used parts sites, but because it prolly is illegal, u won't find one custom made.
Some tips are that, if u check on ebay (they are prolly cheaper on ebay) and want to buy one make sure that all the dimensions, fret number, and shape of the neck heel match up with ur guitar.
It Will Not fit correctly if it doesn't

Happy Hunting
First of all, if you think your Stagg is comfortable to play, don't change the neck.

Just buy some decent pickups and change a bit of the wiring to Fender specs and see what you think of it.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
yea the thing is, my stagg is comfortable, but i'veplayed better. i have the rosewood neck, and i really want to get a maple fender neck from ebay because they play so well. i feel comfortable playing maple necks. that's my main reason. i'm going to go hunting now on ebay lol.

My top 5 guitarists

1. David Gilmour
2. Jimi Hendrix
3. Stevie Ray Vaughan
4. Jimmy Paige
5. John Frusciante
Try Fralin pickups. They are amazing and I plan to put the Blues Specials in my H1.

www.fralinpickups.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp