How do I drill holes for my new pickguard I had a 8 now I have a 11 hole pickguard any help or tips would be greatly appreciated
Last edited by YouWantToKillME at Sep 8, 2006,
Lay the pick guard on the guitar as a template, mark where the new holes are going to go with a wax pencil.

Remove the pick guard and get a drill with a bit that has a slightly smaller diameter than the screws used on the pick guard. Drill a small pilot hole in the body (do not drill deep, this hole is used only to guide the screws in), then put the pick guard on and screw the screws into place to secure the pick guard (by only driling a small piolt hole the screws will grip the wood and hole the pickguard in place).
Quote by Prk Marshall
Lay the pick guard on the guitar as a template, mark where the new holes are going to go with a wax pencil.

Remove the pick guard and get a drill with a bit that has a slightly smaller diameter than the screws used on the pick guard. Drill a small pilot hole in the body (do not drill deep, this hole is used only to guide the screws in), then put the pick guard on and screw the screws into place to secure the pick guard (by only driling a small piolt hole the screws will grip the wood and hole the pickguard in place).

thats exactly how you do it...but if you dont have a wax pencil...scratch the paint....slightly
Stop Reading My Signature

Gear:
Schecter C-1 Blackjack w/ EMG 81/85 PA2
Schecter C-1 Classic
Carvin V3m
Boss GE-7
Boss DD-3
Good finally something that's as simple as Thought it would be. When I take the old Pickguard off I know I can just unscrew the pickups then screw it into the new one. How do I take everything else off?
unscrewing lol
pop the volume knobs off
undo the nut bellow where they were poof dun
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !