Page 1 of 2
Many of you will flame me for this but, a lot of those songs above are kinda hard for me. If you would point out some songs for recently beginners. I would be very grateful. K ~Thx~
Definately most of The Offspring songs.

Self Esteem ftw
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
Wonderwall from Oasis. First song I ever learned when I started.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Wish you where here by pink floyd, My first song
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
seven nation army and fell in love with a girl, both by the white stripes. They're amazingly easy, and way better than smoke on the water
I'm the dream unicorn! The young machetes guide my path through forests of burning orange trees, but protect me from the cloud eating coconut eyed monsters that live in the bushes.
sweet dreams by marilyn manson
blood brothers by iron maiden
nothing else matters by metallica
Quote by XaosKnight
I quote myself
Eight Days a Week- Beatles
Down on the Corner- Creedence Clearwater Revival
Should Have Known Better- Beatles
Wonderwall- Oasis
Anarchy in the UK- Sex Pistols
God Save the Queen- Sex Pistols

and stuff. I don't know what kind of music you're into, but those are all some of the first songs I learned.
Stairway to heaven was the first song i learned, and I recomend you try it too. Its an amazing song, every soul in there world has heard it before, so you can find good tabs for it. Its not to hard either (excluding the solo, which in a few months you could play too). Plus it will give you an introfuction to finger picking.
Heh, the first song I learned was Orion after about 3 weeks of lessons (1 a week) only the beginning though, the rest was kinda hard considering I haven't been playing that long XD
Quote by Zinnie
god placed the fossils in earth to confuse the humans into thinking that earth is older than it actually is, therefore, making men try and think outside the box....

just kidding, there is no god

www.youtube.com/user/andrew12398
anything Nirvana is usually good for beginners
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
My first song was funeral of hearts by HIM
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
What kind of music do you like? Enjoyment should be a prime factor when learning a new song, that will give you the motivation to site and learn it.

If you like American alternative music Nirvana songs are a pretty good starting point. Something like "About a Girl", "Polly" or even "Smells Like Teen Spirit". If you like British Indie stuff then Oasis is a good place to start (my first song was Wonderwall). If you like the sound of the sixties then "The Beatles" are an ideal choice. If you like Heavy Metal Metallica's "Enter Sandman" might be suitable.
-Mithaearon-
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should."
Sunshine Of Your Love by Cream, super easy song.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (Also easy solo)
Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way
Slipknot - Left Behind
Blink 182 - Dammit
Aiden - Die Romantic
Alkaline Trio - Trouble Breathing
CKY - 96 Quite Bitter Beings
Evanescence - Torniquet
How difficult is Fade to Black? I want something of decent difficulty to play. The punk stuff doesn't seem interesting enough for me to learn a full song.
song 2 by blur and american jesus by bad religion
...."this is what's best for me, for you, for us, or maybe just for me", i thought...
pretty woman

my first song, learned it the first day i got the guitar.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by Knives490
lots of grunge

Are you stupid? I'd like to see a guitar newb playing Soundgarden or Pearl Jam (not that it's too hard but probably not begginer level). Nirvana is easy, but their not the only grunge band.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

the first song i played was "Flyleaf - believe in dreams"
It's really simple,a nice song to start with..
Adams Song by Blink182
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Try Nirvana's "In Bloom" or Metallica's "For Whom the Bells Toll"

-----------------------------------------
Schecter C-1 Elite Vintage White
Schecter C-1 Classic XXX in red
Roland Cube 60 W
I wouldnt reccomend smells like teen spirit yet, stay away from palm mutes and dead notes for atleast a week. i started playing bass tabs on the guitar, obviously its not the right tab, but thats where i started and ive improved greatly.
Quote by andrew12398
Heh, the first song I learned was Orion after about 3 weeks of lessons (1 a week) only the beginning though, the rest was kinda hard considering I haven't been playing that long XD

orion rocks im trying to learn the solo at the moment - i been playing roughly a year and start up lessons again on the 25th - u got any tips ?
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
ohh, yeah subject - sorry -

master of pupets with out the solos its hard but the only way u get better is by pushing ur self and playing stuff that u think u will never be able to play
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
Quote by Locomo
How difficult is Fade to Black? I want something of decent difficulty to play. The punk stuff doesn't seem interesting enough for me to learn a full song.

the notes could be tough but the power chord chorus- kinda riffs are easy.

If your looking for a whole song i'd say sunshine of your love, but there re some cool peices in Bombtrack by Rage against the machine, ive only been playing for like 7 months and they are easy
Seven Nation Army, Smoke on the Water, and if you want a challenge try God Called In Sick by AFI
86% of the people who frequent the "Electric Guitar" forum would say that they have played guitar for under 5 years.
Try the first part of Romance (No artist)

There it is;Romance

If you dont read tabs well (I'm assuming this because you got your guitar six days ago) you should read the UG (Non forum) FAQ's
...And The Nominees Are
Page 1 of 2