Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
1 1%
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
2 2%
Grand Theft Auto IV
2 2%
Voters: 110.
Page 1 of 2
This is not an ONLY thread, here you can leave any comments about the game, how far you've got in the game, what mission you're stuck on and ask for help, and any other comments about this very popular game. Or talk about the upcoming releases from Rockstar Games with Vice City Stories and Grand Theft Auto IV. I've posted a poll for the best GTA game, I've even included the two new ones.
Clocked San Andreas 3 times, waiting for GTA: IV so I can stop playing Saints Row, it's just eye candy that game... I want decent gameplay - GTA is just that.
*shrugs* I don't know...
I actually liked Vice City a lot more than I did San Andreas. Maybe it was because it added a lot more to the series (choppers, motorcycles, etc..) and San Andreas only gave us a bigger world. Also, I despised the whole RPG element with the stat building and such. C'mon, I really don't want to stop my killing spree in the attack chopper because my tummy begins to rumble...
Oh such a "liberal" game its rediculous, they should all be banned from stores just like san andreas. From what Ive heard 3 is the best though.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
I prefered the Vice City storyline, San Andreas just pissed me off because it made all the wannabe black gangsters start to play it and be even gayer than usual.
Quote by shark38j
You need a Flux Capacitor ........ Oh, wait, that's for time travel.

Quote by GiantRaven
Watch this one lads, I think he has intelligence!

Quote by unplugtheradio
or maybe he has an opinion *GASP*
Quote by cubedeathk
Oh such a "liberal" game its rediculous, they should all be banned from stores just like san andreas. From what Ive heard 3 is the best though.

go away.

you knew what this was going to be about and you knew that people who read your post won't care what you think.

you just try and piss em off.

anyways. i like GTA. i kill hookers. i am the "cleanser of society"
Quote by cubedeathk

I don't get into polictics but it shouldn't be banned

My mom won't let me play any grand theft auto...but my dad does
Quote by happytimeharry
I actually liked Vice City a lot more than I did San Andreas. Maybe it was because it added a lot more to the series (choppers, motorcycles, etc..) and San Andreas only gave us a bigger world. Also, I despised the whole RPG element with the stat building and such. C'mon, I really don't want to stop my killing spree in the attack chopper because my tummy begins to rumble...

+1

vice city owned. i was actually arsed enough to 100% it, whereas SA just annoys the hell out of me. it takes too long to travel, and the gang area stuff is just annoying, especially when your territory is being attacked when you're busy mauling people with knuckledusters
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by sadistic_monkey
I liked Vice City best.

Any word of IV on PC yet???

I believe it's only going to be released on the next generation counsoles so your gonna have to go out and buy an xbox 360 or the ps3, unless you already have the xbox.
Quote by unplugtheradio
go away.

i kill hookers. i am the "cleanser of society"

Sigged
"He remembered that they were but flesh, a passing breeze that does not return"
Quote by Andrew Zara
I believe it's only going to be released on the next generation counsoles so your gonna have to go out and buy an xbox 360 or the ps3, unless you already have the xbox.
Damn
Quote by IndieMetalhead
+1

vice city owned. i was actually arsed enough to 100% it, whereas SA just annoys the hell out of me. it takes too long to travel, and the gang area stuff is just annoying, especially when your territory is being attacked when you're busy mauling people with knuckledusters

Seriously dude. I'm choppin' off heads with a katana in Chinatown then my territory way back in Los Santos starts to get taken over. Utter bullocks. Also, anyone else have trouble taking over some territories due to no rival gang members showing up to start a gang war? I seemed to have the most trouble with a small territory near that hotel. No one would ever be there!
Quote by Andrew Zara

I'm pretty sure it will eventually come out, but like the other GTA games on PC, probably like a year later.
Quote by shark38j

Quote by GiantRaven

Quote by unplugtheradio
Quote by cubedeathk

Stop with the goddamn liberal bashing, I dont bash you for being a brainwashed retard do I?

On topic, I liked vice city most.
Quote by Andrew Zara

I bet it will eventually be ported over to PC.
As good as Grand theft auto is Saints Row has alot to offer whats gonna make or break GTA is online playability...now where I live I dont have high speed so i dont do online but I know that now days a game is only a greatest hit if its online is good enough...I would like some system link co-op in the new one though and maybe more diverse terain like in San Andres
All things are possible...
Man I'm surprised people didn't like SA to Vice City, Vice City was nice for adding the things but the physics were annoying for me, too small of a map also.

I like RPG styled games though so SA was awesome, I liked the stat building and huge map.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Oh and for the record. GTA, if you're going to have car upgrading in there, do it right next time...
Quote by tdragon316
As good as Grand theft auto is Saints Row has alot to offer whats gonna make or break GTA is online playability...now where I live I dont have high speed so i dont do online but I know that now days a game is only a greatest hit if its online is good enough...I would like some system link co-op in the new one though and maybe more diverse terain like in San Andres

That's a good point, GTA games hadn't had any competition until now with Saints Row. I expect IV to be one of the best games ever now that Rockstar has to put out a solid game to compete with Saints Row.
Quote by Andrew Zara
That's a good point, GTA games hadn't had any competition until now with Saints Row. I expect IV to be one of the best games ever now that Rockstar has to put out a solid game to compete with Saints Row.

Is Saints Row really that good? I haven't played it yet but I've been considering picking it up.
I agree, if the new console GTA has online play, like the PC version, it will beat any competition, if it doesn't then it won't be as sucessful.

Saints row character customisation on the advert looks really good, that's one of the things I think GTA really needs.
Quote by shark38j

Quote by GiantRaven

Quote by unplugtheradio
Quote by happytimeharry
Is Saints Row really that good? I haven't played it yet but I've been considering picking it up.

I thought it was pretty good, but nothing compares to Vice City. It would be most compared to San Andreas, you should rent it or somethin and see how you like it.
Quote by happytimeharry

It is good, but not super.
Wicked graphics, sound affects are the best you'll hear and the cutscenes kick...

But the gameplay gets annoying, like jumping for example, being used to the great ledge-like thing in SA it's hard to get used to, but with Saints Row, I like the activities, Demo Derby for example

It's easy to go through SR though, and it's their first so SA2 should be alot better.

The thing I like is that now there will be some back and fourthing between SR and GTA, so they're not only thinking "Oh man we should make this feature" but there'll be "Oh SR done this, lets top them by doing..." you know what I mean?
*shrugs* I don't know...
Does anyone know when Vice City Stories is expected to come out? I know it's gonna come out for PSP first and then PS2 later.
I prefer SA, simply because I thought the missions were fun to do, where as in VC you just wanted to explore.

Also there was so much to see and do in SA, I mean there were hoaxes made of bigfoot and other things that just increased the awesomeness of the game, even if they were found to be non-existant. Theres so many things to explore, so many details.

VC was good, but I never finished it because I found the missions dull.
Quote by toolfan1337
Isn't GTA IV techincally GTA: Vice City?

No, it's hard to explain, but I think that its kind of like an expansion(for lack of a better word) of GTA3.

EDIT: Wikipedia explains it best. GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas are all part of the GTAIII Era

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_%28series%29
A/S/L?
Last edited by svzy at Sep 7, 2006,
Quote by svzy
No, it's hard to explain, but I think that its kind of like an expansion(for lack of a better word) of GTA3.

Where in Jersey do you live?
Quote by Andrew Zara
Where in Jersey do you live?

Bergen.
A/S/L?
I've only played Vice City like once a couple years ago and san andreas a couple times so I'll say SA
Alright, here's some release dates for the upcoming GTA games

Vice City Stories......Nov. 16 for PSP only
IV............................This time next year possibly a November release too.
Quote by happytimeharry

Yeah. I was a 90s kid so it was pretty cool to play a great game set in eighties Miami (well, almost Miami). Yep, crap suits, big hair. the eighties rock! (they do really)
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by IndieMetalhead
+1

Ew, knuckledusters are for buckleheads

And to whoever said "clocked" - I haven't heard that word in years , +1 old school points to you.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

^heh heh. It looks like he's dancing in your avatar. I'll shut up now.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Quote by JamieB
And to whoever said "clocked" - I haven't heard that word in years , +1 old school points to you.

Shot man
Yeah, I don't hear anybody say that either, not since Sonic anyway...
*shrugs* I don't know...
I checked the first one. It was the first free roaming game I ever played; and it was before every game company thought it would be cool to make GTA rip offs. I don't like GTA much anymore(the series has been milked for all it's worth, and then some, in my opinion). But it'll be interesting to see what they do with the next one since they say they're revamping the series.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips
Page 1 of 2