I own a Fender Squier stagemaster series. I absolutely love the sound of it... Ive tried many guitars that were considered more "high end" but this guitar has the perfect sound for my playing style. I also love the look and feel.

The problem is, after 7 years of dicking with it, the intonation is pretty ****ed up. It has a floyd style bridge which I regret buying 100% because I dont use it, and it only causes me headaches.

I tried bringing it in to the local repair shop, and when I got it back, one of the strings was still out of whack... Ive tried fixing it myself... I know how to change intonation on it, I even have the little tool for doing it. The 12th fret is sharp from the open note, but I can move the saddle all the way away from the fretboard and it doesnt even change the intonation. what the **** is up with that??

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? or, another better question would be... can I have my bridge removed and replaced with a regular bridge?

Thanks
If you want to replace your routed floyd rose cavity with a fixed, you gonna have to fill it with wood 1st or you could just block it with 2 piece of wood. And about your Floyd Rose, there're 2 holes for the intonation lock screw to be placed, so one of those screws are too long or too short to lock the saddle then you can move it.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic