Poll: Number one or number 2?
Poll Options
View poll results: Number one or number 2?
Number 1
10 91%
Number 2
1 9%
Voters: 11.
Yertle: For two notes, the slap line was awsome... the rythm and the groove were really nice. The mutes were placed at great times. The chords in the intro added a lot of depth... Not much more to say, since it was only 32 seconds. The lenght of the peice was a major downfall... I feel you could have added a 3rd riff...

Applehead: The drums did keep you more in time, but the intro was a little bit on the boring side. The slap tone really lacked any depth, and it didn't groove as well as Yertle's. The length was better than Yertle's however.

If I was in a band and I had to chose one of those two tunes to write a song bassed off, I would go with Yertle's. It was just cleaner and it had a great groove.

Dictator For Life of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Yertle to join.
I must agree Yertles was better. The intro was tapped, which i am lame at. I must admit Yertle your tone is lovely, you play a Stingray dont you?
damn yertle, you got some groove

applehead, yours would've been done a lot more justice with more mute notes, and clearer ones at that, i could barely make out the little ones you had there.
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Sorry folks, i thought we were still going with the 30 second time limit

And yes, I know my tone is lovely, lol. I did however just run my stingray strait into Garageband on my mac. All this was achieved with my 3 band eq.

For Applehead - you had an awesome feel to the whole song, especially the first/main slap groove. The only real downside is the quality, and a little bit of poor articulation here and there. Yours actually sounds like a real bassline though, which I think trumps mine by a bit. You get my vote

and I may just sig you crazypeanutman
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Last edited by Yertle at Sep 7, 2006,
Was I not supposed to tell who was who??? Was it supposed to be anonymous and un-biased?

I remember in the basswars we gave usernames, but this was different. Sorry if I screwed up any part of the competition.

^ eh? whats the problem? Am I missing something?

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Inky, it doesnt really matter. I would hope people just give their honest opinion...

Yertle, how do yo have your EQ? I am in love with that tone..

Man, i cant wait for my Stingray to come. Only 5 weeks now!

I think with mine it's as you said, my tone lets me down, as well as the mutes not being clear enough. The pops need briging out more with some EQ too. To be honest i find it hard to get a really good slap tone on the Jazz
Last edited by Applehead at Sep 8, 2006,
lol - I just plugged in and recorded as was. But generally my tone controls rest at about 90% bass, 50% mids and 65% treble when I'm just fooling around. Pretty much anything sounds good on the ray - even treble cranked all the way and nothing else. well, it doesn't sound bad like it does on most basses.

Quote by crazypeanutman

Yeah I actually liked both of them.

Number 1: Interesting beginning and good change to the slap bass. Slap bass was funky as hell and the beginning was also very good. The tone was excellant.

Number 2: Good use of drums and kept in time well. Good have done with the bass being louder. I think it was good slap bass, slightly repeative but worked very well with the variations added in. Disliked the ending, was un inventive after such a good peice.

Tough choice, both very very good. Going to go for Yertle though, that funk groove takes some beating to get out of my head. No disrespect to Applehead, yours was just as good just that ending let me down slightly. Still, awesome for only 2 notes.
Quote by FbSa
That and I suck at picking stuff out like that.

Developing your ear takes practice, and a developed ear is something all bassists should have. I'll tab it later if you really want.

EDIT: Congrats to Yertle. Great battle guys Both of you deserve a lot of credit.