I currently have an Ibanez SZ720FM guitar. It's great -- I love it. But I am looking to get a second Ibanez -- one that has a decent trem system on it. I have gotten funding of about $1500 and I am looking at the Ibanez S2170:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/S2170FWNTF/

Does anyone have any experience with this guitar? The only thing I could see that I didn't like was that it only has 22 frets. Any other recommended options in this price range? I want to stick to Ibanez, but would possibly consider others depending on what it is.
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
I am also checking out the JS1200......
Gear:

- Schecter C-1 Classic

- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
It's a pretty nice guitar overall...although the color scheme on that one looks like a slightly-burnt pizza crust.

Although for that price, you could get a much nicer guitar. I'd suggest getting a Godin. IMO they make the best guitars you could ever buy.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Godin-LG-Signature-AAA-Flame-Maple-Top-Guitar?sku=511877
Thus sayeth the Lord.

<//////>~
Any prestige series guitar will be a great choice. The RG-1570 has 24 frets, the works.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
that guitar is the sex. if it plays half as nice as it looks it's well worth the money.

i haven't tried the prestige S's but the mid/low end is really goos and comfortable guitars! the necks are fast as hell to!
just make sure you compare them before you buy anyone of them and you should be fine!

Vic
Quote by joel_grieve
dude. you're drunk and queer. bad combination.

My gear:
Ibanez SZ520fm
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS1 (soon to be modded i think)

Bass stuff:
Cort G34
Peavey 112 basic
The only thing to worry about with the s2170 is that its korean made as opposed to japanese made
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
it looks like that guitar is damn good. It could use a diffent paintjob. Aka just paint the thing black haha
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser aka Frederick
Epiphone G-310
Boss Metal Zone Distortion pedal
Crate GT1200H Head
Crate G412SL Half stack
and some strings,
and some picks of assorted sizes

www.myspace.com/todaysescape
Check us out!
Just some personal observation on S Prestiges from an earlier thread:

Quote by pifty

I've played the new prestige S series, and with my eyes closed, I'd have said I'm holding my 470. You get same neck dimensions, same bridge, pickups with slightly more life in them, and over double the number on the price sticker. Both are (I'm almost certain) Korean. The figured tops look sweet, but I don't know if they're worth a few hundred bucks. And by that I mean: I know they're not worth it.

and...

Quote by pifty
Not that Korean prestiges are shoddy, no - they're stuck together well, nothing orgasmic, but they look nice, feel okay. But dammit, Korean S and SZ prestiges cost more than any Fujigen RGs (RGT and RGA excluded). If moving most of the prestige line to Korea was a price cutting measure then it was a pretty offbeat marketing decision. I'd think of buying one of those S prestige things if it was $700, but for $1200? It's a price of a USA deluxe strat.

Makes me think I was on to something when I spent half of that money to get an S540 and an RG570 both of which feel better than the Korean prestiges.

JS1200 on the other hand, is an amazing instrument in all respects. The price tag is hefty, but it comes preloaded with Dimarzios (a sweet combination, although the PAFs aren't voiced for metal at all), and the body is pinnacle of comfort. The neck's a millimeter thinner than on the SZ (will likely fit your hand like a glove), and the multi-radius fretboard is a sexy thing.

If you want to go for the RG - any Prestige should be in your price range, they're also top notch: best tremolos, thin necks, and twenty four frets.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by ScottishAngus
The only thing to worry about with the s2170 is that its korean made as opposed to japanese made

Korea? Dang, for that amount of money I assumed it was made in Japan. I'm curious, is there a way to easily find out where a guitar is made and what year it was introduced?
Gear:

- Schecter C-1 Classic

- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
Quote by smashingchicago
Korea? Dang, for that amount of money I assumed it was made in Japan. I'm curious, is there a way to easily find out where a guitar is made and what year it was introduced?

With Ibanez guitars, manufacture location is determined by the first letter of the serial number. F - Japanese, C/W/S - Korean, I - Indonesian, A - Chinese. Next two digits are the manufacture year (for any guitar made after 97). So F98XXXXX is a Japanese model made in 1998.

If you just want info on a specific series and where they're made, ask away.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
With Ibanez guitars, manufacture location is determined by the first letter of the serial number. F - Japanese, C/W/S - Korean, I - Indonesian, A - Chinese. Next two digits are the manufacture year (for any guitar made after 97). So F98XXXXX is a Japanese model made in 1998.

If you just want info on a specific series and where they're made, ask away.

Interesting...Thanks!
Gear:

- Schecter C-1 Classic

- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
that guitar is so awesome looking in person. i would get one, but i'm broke. and if it looks nice, it plays 10023952959287529587 times better. and yes, i actually have.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by smashingchicago

any of the guitars with s (that includes sa/sz) in them every single one of them including prestige are made in korea
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name