Picked one up last weekend and Im absolutely loving it! Great buy, cant believe I hadnt gotten one sooner. Cant beat a $35 price tag either
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
No, the SD-1. The OD pedal
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I just picked up an SD-1 yesterday as well. It sounds much better than my 808-modded TS-5 Tube Screamer. I tried it at the shop agaist a TS-9 and a TS-808 reissue, and I liked the SD-1 best.

To me, it was most transparent. With the volume at about 4, the drive at 0, and the tone at about 4, it's completely transparent on my clean channel. I can kick the overdrive pedal in and get no real perceivable change in tone. As I increase the drive, I only get more breakup without altering the tone.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Wow Crunchmeister, your gearlist makes me drool. . .
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
what is the difference between the overdrive pedal and the distortion pedal, and why is distortion alot cheap, is it bad, cause i kinda what to buy it
ds-1 sucks balls, and apparently the sd-1 is good so???
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
I loved that pedal and I was really sad and regretted when I parted ways with it, maybe sometime I'll go and get another one.
Yeah I agree. Tubescreamers give that midboost for solos. But for general warming and tightening up your sound, nothing like a true bypass SD-1.

If you have a Marshall amp, you should check out the.. Dunlop Zakk Wylde pedal. It's an SD-1 that has better, more reliable, tighter circuitry, but is voiced specifically for Marshalls (because marshalls have alot of mids). Or just mod an SD- 1 to kick more ass.