ok, so ive currently got just a little 20w practice amp but i recently joined a band and we play a show every week so i need a bigger amp. my parents are willing to pay for it but they want to be sure that its a good brand and not outragiously expensive. ive looked around at the local guitar shops and found some line 6 amps that are a pretty good price but i wanna know how good a brand they are. im pretty sure they are a good brand but my parents want to be absolutely sure before they buy it. so is it a good brand or should i go with a marshall?
there are alot of people that hate on the line 6 stuff. i think there not that bad at all.
line 6, nooo

im guessing its a marshall mg and thats not very good either

but 1st of all
how much are they willing to spend?
and what type of music do you play?
i dunno, my parents are willin to pay a few hundred. i play alot of modern rock. ive played a line 6 and didnt think it was that bad, whats wrong with it?
Roland Cube
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by OverTheHills
What's wrong with your amp now?

its too small. its only 20 watts. i did see some peavey amps that looked pretty good. how are those?
line 6's are fine until you turn the gain up and then they break up like ****
XBLive Gamertag: ecdeluxe1000 send me friend requests (make sure u put UG in the message somewhere)
I used to have a Line 6 Spider 210 ...... the older one that had the red face..... that amp kept up with a 6-piece band using a HUGE p.a. for vocals.....loudest band I've ever played with, and that little 210 kept up and still sounded pretty good.

The experience I've had with Line 6 has been positive so far. Granted, they're not the best sounding amps around, but they don't sound bad for the $, and they're flexible-to a degree. I'd probably take a small Line 6 combo over a small Marshall combo if they were around the same price.

Peavey combos (lower line models) are pretty much JUNK......
ok, so heres my final options on an amp. they're all 100 watts or more:

line 6- $300
marshall- $550
peavey- $500
ibanez- $500

is paying more worth it on these amps? the amp i get has to be reliable cause i'll be using it alot.
you may like the line 6 now, but most people start to hate it down the road

its too digital sounding for me

what about a vox ad vt?
yeah get a valvetronix
GEAR

Amps:
Vox AC30cc1
Peavey Transtube

Guitars:
Powerhouse Strat with lace sensors
D-16GT

Effects:
DD20
Classic Crybaby
Rat 2
Phase 90
TU-2
SM57
Quote by sumguy67
ok, so ive currently got just a little 20w practice amp but i recently joined a band and we play a show every week so i need a bigger amp. my parents are willing to pay for it but they want to be sure that its a good brand and not outragiously expensive. ive looked around at the local guitar shops and found some line 6 amps that are a pretty good price but i wanna know how good a brand they are. im pretty sure they are a good brand but my parents want to be absolutely sure before they buy it. so is it a good brand or should i go with a marshall?

It's all about your preferance. If you like the Line 6, get it. But most people on this site (including myself) aren't too wild about them. Marshalls are great amps though (in my opinion) you should try any Marshall amp really. One's that I would avoid though are MG's and and AVT's. Vox's Valvetronix amps are good as well.