So yeah...I have a Mesa Boogie Mark IV, I haven't exactly found a POD XT live that I have been able to sit down and fiddle with. Would the XT live be worth my money or is it just another load of crap from Line 6? And with the Mark IV...would I be able to emulate any sound that an XT live could give me?
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
DUDE! You have a Mark IV and youre looking into modeling effects? For shame...

That said, youd be able to get some decent sounds Im sure, just dont expect anything too good...
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Well, I have a good deal for $100 dollars sitting in my face. I don't know if I should get it because if I do I won't go off and resell it. I know my Mark IV is amazing...but would it be worth my time.
Quote by hightension01
its called

hypocrasy
yeah, with that amp id say buy a few little effects pedals. maybe a delay, chorus, wah. maybe even a flanger or phaser. i dunno what you like to use.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
If you are getting if for $100 then just buy it. You can at least use it at your house to fool around with. It is $400 new, so you are saving a lot of money.

EDIT: Personally, I wasn't impressed with the PODxt Lives modeling through an amp or into the computer. The effects sounded great but any high gain sounds I just wasn't satisfied with. Line 6 has some good ideas, but I don't think their technology is there yet. I ended up buying the Vox Tonelab SE. I am ridiculously happy with this. High gain settings are brutal and you can do just about anything with it. Plus it comes with a carrying case. But for $100, you can't beat the PODxt.
Last edited by jmac72187 at Sep 7, 2006,